Please help with my Crash

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
surrenderband
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Please help with my Crash

Post by surrenderband »

I loaded DP5 on my G5. I had been running dp4.5 on my g4 laptop (panther) so I new when i switched to the g5 and TIGER i would need to update my MOTU FW software. I downloaded the MOTU FIREWIRE DRIVERS AND CONSOLES OSX driver (Versian 1.2.5) from the MOTUs site. Then i opened up a project in DP5 and went to CONFIGURE AUDIO SYSTEM. I changed my output form Built-in Audio to 828MK2 an it unexpectedly quit. I will say that when i turn my 828 on, the MOTU FIREWIRE CONSOLE doesnt pop up on the screen. Just the new MOTU AUDIO ASSISTANT. Please help. Thank you so much.
surrenderband
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by surrenderband »

please:(
gregwhartley
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by gregwhartley »

I don't have any specific tips about it but...

It really just sounds like you may have downloaded a bad driver. I suggest uninstalling the one that's in there now and try downloading it again from MOTU. Also repair permissions w/ disc utility, run mainanence scripts, and download OSX updates. If you still have problems reinstall DP. And if you still have problems after that restore the whole damn thing (that's kind of a guaranteed fix, albeit undesirable).

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful but I hope this gets you somewhere if you haven't already tried it!

Greg
"We are all disgusting, doomed to our dirty little tasks. Eating and farting and scratching and smiling and celebrating holidays." -Bukowski