Grouping channels in DP4 (mix window)

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
BLISS
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Grouping channels in DP4 (mix window)

Post by BLISS »

How do I go about GROUPING channels in DP4, I want to take 4 vocals but automate them together at the same time, when I go into create group on a channel, the (+) symbol comes up but I cant group say 3,4,5,6 together.

what am I doing wrong
moonwalker

Re: Grouping channels in DP4 (mix window)

Post by moonwalker »

I get it to work but its trial and error. Click on each fader from left to right that you want grouped and on the last one click twice and the group window pops up letting you name the group. Just name it then try your fader group to see if it took. If not than undo and try again. You just have to play with it. I thought it was just me but i guess its a little buggy.
G5 dual 2.0, 2.5 ram/10.3.9/
DP 4.52 / Reason/ Live /
Rosetta 800 into r.m.e Digi96/36 / Event Studio Precision 8 monitors/Oxygen 8 and Radio Shack keyboard contollers/
1 UAD Studio Pack / 1 Powercore Element/
dickiebones

Post by dickiebones »

Originally posted by BLISS:
How do I go about GROUPING channels in DP4, I want to take 4 vocals but automate them together at the same time, when I go into create group on a channel, the (+) symbol comes up but I cant group say 3,4,5,6 together.

what am I doing wrong
I've actually never had a problem with it. After selecting Create Group from the mini-menu, select as many tracks as you want by clicking the plus symbol near the fader of each track. You'll know it is working, b/c the tracks selected will have a blinking green light around them. When you've selected all of your tracks, simply click once anywhere else on the screen (outside of any channel strip), and the name group prompt will appear, as well as a checklist of the particular functions that you want to group (eg; pan, volume, hide track, etc.). Hope this helps.
Kind Of Loud
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Kind Of Loud »

A quick way is show just the tracks you want to group in the mixer, then double tap the letter "w" on your keyboard. To un-group tap "w" once.
buzzsmith

Post by buzzsmith »

Bliss:

Here's a link to a thread in regards to automating a group. Creating the group, as you see, is not so hard, but automating it is not as intuitive as you might have hoped!

http://www.unicornation.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001722#000003

=bz=
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

BLISS

Post by BLISS »

Thanks for the response, I will go try them out and let you know how things turned out.
BLISS

Post by BLISS »

dickiebones--- I did your method and it works, far as naming and assigning tracks together, but when I ((TRY)) moving them it doesnt work ((UNTIL)) I hit group engaged ----- (forgive me I cant remember the name of exactly what it's called)

It's under the Windows column I believe, anyway once selected it moves ALL 24 channels as opposed to the 4 I selected in GROUP MODE.

So I did GROUP it, just fine, I also turned the (ALL) off--- in Group window, but I think that turned off my selected channels too ---- eventually I'll get it