\ key

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
baanes
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

\ key

Post by baanes »

I occasionally bump the \ key when I'm going for delete, since they're so close, and whenever I do DP will pause and become unresponsive for 5-15 seconds. Oddly, I looked through commands and found nothing mapped to this key. Anyone know what's going on?
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: \ key

Post by bayswater »

In my largely default key commands setup, this key is mapped to "tap to enter tempo". Look at the tempo value in the control panel when you press the key.
2018 Mini i7 32G macOS 12.6, DP 11.32, Mixbus 10, Logic 10.7, Scarlett 18i8
Dan Worley
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: \ key

Post by Dan Worley »

Bayswater has the answer. Just delete that key command and that will get rid of the problem.

When I'm looking to see if a key or combo is being used in any of the commands, I go into Commands and type it in Page Setup. If a key or combo is being used, DP will tell you where. I use Page Setup just because I know I can't hurt anything if I leave something in there accidentally.
DP10.13