CueMix/Track16 – Problem with External Effects Loop

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
drivepilot
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

CueMix/Track16 – Problem with External Effects Loop

Post by drivepilot »

Hey all — 

Have tried in both Cubase and Live– having a problem where I am trying to set up a simple external effect loop (mono in this case), but I'm hearing the loop outside of my daw/master channel no matter what I do.

I have a Track16 and I've got it set to use Analog 1-2 as the return loop, and I think I've got things wired up right.

Im using Main Outs to my Monitors. Line out (Analog 1) to the external processor. Line In back into the Daw (Input 9/Return 1)

I can see the audio activity in CueMixFX in Analog 1 input and Analog 1 Output. Even with no outputs routed back into the DAW, and the master and channel faders down I'm getting the effected signal through my monitors. DAWs show no master channel activity. If I turn the channels or outputs on in Cubase/Live, I get phasing/duplicate signal since it's mixing a second signal over what I'm already hearing. Seems like there is something monitoring the Analog 1 channel outside of the DAWs.

This is driving me so crazy. :(

Thanks
Elli