All plugins have disappeared!

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
TnMike
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

All plugins have disappeared!

Post by TnMike »

I started Digital Performer and one of my new plugins did not load so I went in to the preferences and found it in the audio plugins list. The box next to the plugin was not checked so I checked it. A warning came up saying it crash the program. I checked it anyhow and the next time I started Digital Performer up again all of my plugins had disappeared...MOTU, virtual instruments, etc. every one of them (maybe 150-200). The plugins are still on my computer in the library/audio/plugins/components. How do I get them to show up in Digital Performer again? They do not show up in Digital Performer's preferences audio plugins list either...it's totally blank!
Thanks...
Mike
Mac Pro Intel 2010, 16 gigs RAM, Apollo Quad, 2408 mkIII, Raven Mti2, UAD-2, MTPAV, Superior Drummer 3.0 drums, Ivory piano, B4 organ, PodProxt, Kemper, Ozone 9, Apogee Mini-Me, Roland R-8
HCMarkus

Re: All plugins have disappeared!

Post by HCMarkus »

Maybe re-install DP?
Maxxy

Re: All plugins have disappeared!

Post by Maxxy »

Hi TnMike

There was an Apple Security Update which threw all the AUs into freak out mode.... pretty sure it was a Security Update of Mojave

If you recently updated your OS Mojave with a Security Update then that may be the cause of your woes.... I myself had a terrible time of it... many others too it seems. I don't know what the issue was but it really threw a spanner in the works and was very difficult to resolve

As I recall you have only two options .... either revert to a recent backup system boot disk.... or update to Catalina. I went up to Catalina and have carried on happily with that

I don't know what OS you're running but the symptoms you're experiencing sound very familiar.

Just a suggestion to check....perhaps it might save you some grief

Good luck

Maxxy
Mac mini 2023 M2 Pro, 32g RAM, LG 32UD99 4k monitor on HDMI, OSX 13.6.1, DP 11.31, MOTU TB AVB 16A w/AVB Monitor 8 on ethernet cable, UAD Apollo x8, Netstor TB3 PCIe card expansion w/ UAD-2... 1 x Octo and 2 x Quad cards (not using much because I looove >), Softube Console 1 MkIII & Fader Control