Bounce To Disk

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
Simon Ho
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Bounce To Disk

Post by Simon Ho »

Hi ,

I have recording my music at 48KHz & 24 Bit in DP 4.52. Then I bounced all the tracks to Disk prepare for CD burning. I exported the tracks to AIFF , then a CORE AUDIO EXPORT OPTIONS appeared, that let me choose bit dept to 16 bit, sample rate to 44100, but there I don't know what's the difference of the SR Convert Quality at Maximum, High, Medium, Low or Minimum. I checked the big manual but couldn't find explanation about it. Please explain.

What the music I do is very unconventional, which is having extreme bass and high frequency ( up to over 15 KHz) sound & spikes. I found that after I burned it to an audio CD, the sound changed a lot. Especially when I play it by my cheap 1 bit ADC Discman, the high frequency spike sound weird. Is this something about my Discman player, or I shouldn't record the music tracks at 24 bit & 48KHz at the beginning? Will I re-record everything in 16 Bit 44.1 KHz better?

Your earliest reply is highly appreciated.

Thank you

Simon Ho
simonchho@netvigator.com