DP8-multiple MIDI tracks...can they be renamed?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
HARDDRlVER
Primary DAW OS: Windows

DP8-multiple MIDI tracks...can they be renamed?

Post by HARDDRlVER »

I have several MIDI instruments running thru Motu MIDI express XT usb, so in DP8 I have the ability to have 16 separate MIDI channels for each of my instruments. Makes it very nice, indeed. I've recolored each 16 tracks to represent the presence of each of the instruments.
So here's my issue;
Beyond that, I would like to be able to see at a glance, which instrument is 'tied' to a given color of 16 MIDI channels. I thought at first I could simply rename 'MIDI 1, MIDI 2,...' to the names of my instruments, say 'xp30-1, xp30-2...' up to its 16 MIDI channels, then repeat the next 16 for another instrument.
I can't figure how to do this, and if 'midi1, midi2...' can't be renamed then what's my next best option?
Hope you understand my problem
Thanks as always for any helpful guide me
Joni
raikageninja
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: DP8-multiple MIDI tracks...can they be renamed?

Post by raikageninja »

Renaming tracks is done by Alt clicking the name of the track, you can use the the up and down arrow keys to move to the previous or next track. Press enter to finish renaming. Hope that's what you were looking for.
Windows 10 PC Build
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
DP9.01