Layer rules per-device?

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

tenfour
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Layer rules per-device?

Post by tenfour »

I am trying to configure standalone MachFive 3 for live performance using multiple keyboard controllers.

I would like to use a knob controller to switch parts. The reason for this is it's easier than switching channels or programs on the controller, plus there are more than 16 parts per device, so channel switches would not suffice.

Using layer rules, I can do exactly this, but there's a major problem: These rules are global, so it will affect all keyboards.

Is there a way to make this work across keyboards, so CC#14 on device A will switch between parts independently of CC#14 on device B?

For the moment my workaround is to host MachFive in a DAW. This way each instance is independent of each other, and I will run an instance per device.

I prefer not to do this though, as it complicates the configuration, and I have found MachFive more stable when running standalone. For live performance that's pretty important :)

Any advice? Maybe there's a better technique I should use to switch parts per device?

Thank you