A FEW IMPORTANT QUESTIONS (FOR ME)

For discussion of the music business in general

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
For discussion of the music business in general from studio administration, contracts, artist promotion, gigging, etc.
Midi maniac

A FEW IMPORTANT QUESTIONS (FOR ME)

Post by Midi maniac »

Hi forum,

I have a few questions:

1) I want to become a member of a PRO. One requirement is to have your music performed on stage , TV ETC. My music has been aired many times in a show on a local channel in Houston. Is this enough for me to be able to become a member?

2)If yes, from the three PROs which one you would suggest?

Thanks
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: A FEW IMPORTANT QUESTIONS (FOR ME)

Post by FMiguelez »

I'm no expert on this subject, but in my case, my PRO requires me that the pieces I sign with them were previously registered with a Publishing house.

My PRO is SGAE, in Spain.
http://www.sgae.es/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I chose not to use the Mexican PRO (SACM) for many reasons... ones that I'd rather not post publicly.

I am EXTREMELY happy with SGAE, but sometimes I regret not having considered using an American PRO... for no real reason, though... it just seems that American stuff usually works better. But that's my own bias.

Hopefully MLC or Mike Halloran will chime in.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman