Good Forum to find Vocalists?

Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory, etc...

Moderators: Frodo, FMiguelez, MIDI Life Crisis

Forum rules
Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory and the art of creating music in all forms from orchestral film scores to pop/rock.
dynamix
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Good Forum to find Vocalists?

Post by dynamix »

Hi All,

I'm searching for a good place to find vocalists for projects.

I work in many genres, looking for a place that isn't just all rock.

I'm in the NYC/North New Jersey area and currently working on a country music project which needs a professional female singer who is easy to work with.

Your suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers,

Erik
http://www.dvbmusic.com

Dual 2 Ghz G5, MOTU 896, OS 10.3.9, DP 4.6, Mach 5, Kontakt 2.2, MX4, Reason 3.0.5, GPO, Absynth 4.0.2, B4 Organ II 2.0.3,. MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM w/ MOTU Traveler & MOTU Bag w/ OS 10.4.10, DP 5.12
zaster

Post by zaster »

this probably belongs in the Music Business section of the forum, not here.
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Good Forum to find Vocalists?

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

dynamix wrote:Hi All,

I'm searching for a good place to find vocalists for projects.

I work in many genres, looking for a place that isn't just all rock.

I'm in the NYC/North New Jersey area and currently working on a country music project which needs a professional female singer who is easy to work with.

Your suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers,

Erik
Musician's local 802 (NY)?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
KarlSutton

Post by KarlSutton »

There are plenty of great singers here (Nashville) maybe could work long distance? This girl is great & has her own studio; http://www.brittsavage.com
MPB 17" 2.66 i7/8GB RAM, OSX 10.6.8, DP 7.24, 828 mkII, Ethno 1 via Ultimate Soundbank, MX4, MSI, Komplete 9, Ivory, Stylus RMX.

for a time:MacPro6,1 3Ghz 8 core 32GB RAM
dynamix

Post by dynamix »

KarlSutton wrote:There are plenty of great singers here (Nashville) maybe could work long distance? This girl is great & has her own studio; http://www.brittsavage.com
Cool website for sure, but a vocalist website without a single example of her singing?

Still, Countrypolitan is the sound I'm striving for, but the one sample is not that, I was thinking along the lines of Hem...

I'll try to get a sample from her, but whoa, some pretty high falutin' credits. Not sure if she'll be interested in little ole' me.

Thanks!
http://www.dvbmusic.com

Dual 2 Ghz G5, MOTU 896, OS 10.3.9, DP 4.6, Mach 5, Kontakt 2.2, MX4, Reason 3.0.5, GPO, Absynth 4.0.2, B4 Organ II 2.0.3,. MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM w/ MOTU Traveler & MOTU Bag w/ OS 10.4.10, DP 5.12
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Vocalists are a dime a dozen. Good ones? Well that's what auditions are for. Put an ad on Craigslist or some other free posting. You'll have vocalists coming out of the woodwork. Ask them to send samples of their work.

Just a thought,
Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
KarlSutton

Post by KarlSutton »

I've worked with her - she is totally humble & great to work with. She didn't have any samples? Weird. I'm sure she'd do an audition for you, give her a try.

dynamix wrote:
KarlSutton wrote:There are plenty of great singers here (Nashville) maybe could work long distance? This girl is great & has her own studio; http://www.brittsavage.com
Cool website for sure, but a vocalist website without a single example of her singing?

Still, Countrypolitan is the sound I'm striving for, but the one sample is not that, I was thinking along the lines of Hem...

I'll try to get a sample from her, but whoa, some pretty high falutin' credits. Not sure if she'll be interested in little ole' me.

Thanks!
MPB 17" 2.66 i7/8GB RAM, OSX 10.6.8, DP 7.24, 828 mkII, Ethno 1 via Ultimate Soundbank, MX4, MSI, Komplete 9, Ivory, Stylus RMX.

for a time:MacPro6,1 3Ghz 8 core 32GB RAM
azusa749a
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by azusa749a »

dynamix, I would ask around recording studios near by.