Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Aurora Choir $20 at ADSR until March 14

Post by James Steele »

I know this is an older library, but geez... $20? Very tempting. It's only Sopranos and Altos in case you need all parts, but still... $20??!

https://www.adsrsounds.com/product/soft ... nstrument/

I went ahead and got it. I have no self-control anymore! :lol:

UDATE: Silly, but might be 75¢ cheaper over at VST Buzz:
https://vstbuzz.com/deals/92-off-aurora ... ia-sounds/
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Waves Studio Classics Collection API + SSL + V-Series NATIVE $69

Post by James Steele »

Waves Studio Classics Collection API + SSL + V-Series NATIVE. $69.99

https://www.jrrshop.com/waves-studio...ics-collection

Apparently 3/26/23 will be the last day Waves will let you register software bought from third-parties, so there's some speculation that independent retailers are blowing out stock while they can. This looks pretty good. I already have the V-Series that was part of the Horizon bundle, but don't have any of the API or SSL stuff. Not like I need it I guess. I have Softube Console 1 and SSL stuff, plus actual SSL plugs for buss compressor, etc. It's an addiction... LOL
Includes

API 2500
API 550
API 560
SSL E-Channel
SSL EV2 Channel
SSL G-Channel
SSL G-Equalizer
SSL G-Master Buss Compressor
V-Comp
V-EQ3
V-EQ4

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Tokyo Dawn Labs TDR Molot GE limiter $9.97

Post by James Steele »

This is on sale now over at Audio Deluxe. It's Apple Silicon native as well.

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/au ... r-molot-ge

HOWEVER... I ended up getting it, only to learn that although the AU validates in DP, it causes an error when you attempt to instantiate it. Specifically:

Mas,1 error reported by Mas Audio Unit Support
Failure: Initialize 275 -10868 [-10868]

Funny thing is, as is often the case, Logic has no problem with it. I've reported this to MOTU and I've actually started compiling a list of AU plugins that cause issues in DP, but appear to work fine in Logic. I get the feeling MOTU needs to tweak the AU support perhaps???

So WHY post about this deal? Well, the VST3 does indeed work in DP and it's cheap. I'm betting this gets fixed at some point in the future. Although, there does seem to be an issue with VST3 and that is on a mono audio track, I can only get a mono-to-stereo instance. It does not show me mono-to-mono. Oh well... it was only $9 or so.

Tonio

Re: Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Post by Tonio »

That's weird, I use TDR Molot free bee and have no issues. No wait, I think I had a moment when it wouldn't pull up the
GUI- after the 12.6.3 update ?? Will have to visit it when I get a chance.
Mac Studio MAX 2TB/ 64GB RAM / DP11.2 / 828ES//
MP 5.1 3.33- 3 duo / OS10.14.6 / RX580 /DP10.13/828ES
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Post by James Steele »

Tonio wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:00 pm That's weird, I use TDR Molot free bee and have no issues. No wait, I think I had a moment when it wouldn't pull up the
GUI- after the 12.6.3 update ?? Will have to visit it when I get a chance.
For me the AUs work if I either launch DP in Rosetta, or use Blue Cat Patchwork as a "shell" for them. Otherwise I get the error. It may have something to do with the fact that I'm on Ventura now. I can use the VST3 but with the issue that I can't instantiate an actual mono instance, but only stereo or mono-to-stereo.

James Steele
Site Administrator

T-RackS SE 5 for $39 at Audio Plugin Deals

Post by James Steele »

Just got an email about this this morning. IK Multimedia T-Racks5 SE is on sale for $39 at Audio Plugin Deals. Plus, APD sent me a loyalty voucher worth $5 off in the email about this, so $34.

https://audioplugin.deals/product/t-rac ... ultimedia/

Ever cautious, I emailed IK Multimedia to verify that this is M1 Native and received a reply with assurances that it IS. Not "compatible" but actually native. Sigh... I might go for it. I have a problem. LOL

James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: T-RackS SE 5 for $39 at Audio Plugin Deals

Post by James Steele »

I have to say, I just picked up the T-Racks5 SE deal and I'm glad I did. I don't like how IK installs a whole bunch of other plugins on your system so you can hopefully demo and buy them later (hello Universal Audio?), but was happy to see that it also included the old classic IK CSR (Classic Studio Reverbs)... CSR Plate, CSRHall, CSR Room, and CSR Inverse. And best of all they are all Apple Silicon Native. I had been missing the "Wide Vocals" preset especially, on CSR Plate. It's like having an old friend back again..

James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: T-RackS SE 5 for $39 at Audio Plugin Deals

Post by James Steele »

Just updating again on the IK Multimedia deal. I'm pretty happy with everything that comes with it for $39 (or $34 if you have the coupon) and all plugs are Apple Silicon native.

• TR5 Suite (this is sort of the shell plugin you use on on main stereo bus in which you can mix or match the plugs)

But cool thing is all the plugs can be used individual and include...

The classic yellow-faced "mastering" plugs:
• TR5 Classic Clipper
• TR5 Classic Comp
• TR5 Classic EQ
• TR5 Classic Multi Band Limiter

Compressors:
• TR5 Black 76 (1176 style compressor)
• TR5 Opto Comp
• TR5 VC-6670
• TR5 White 2A (LA-2A style compressor)

Reverbs:
• TR5 CSR Hall
• TR5 CSR Inverse
• TR5 CSR Plate
• TR5 CSR Room

Vocal Utilities:
• TR5 De Esser

Delay:
• TR5 Tape Echo (Echoplex type plug. I was surprised this was included.)

So 14 plugs (not counting the "Suite") for $39 or $34 and all Apple Silicon native (and all formats including AAX)? About $2.79 each. Not bad.

Michael Canavan

Re: Aurora Choir $20 at ADSR until March 14

Post by Michael Canavan »

James Steele wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:42 pm\
I went ahead and got it. I have no self-control anymore! :lol:
Thanks, I was reminded about this, I bought this on another blow out sale almost two years ago from ADSR, forgot about it, and the links in the email are expired. Sent an email off we'll see how long it takes to get sorted.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Music Software News & Sales for March 03, 2023 – Deal Compressor Show

Post by James Steele »

James Steele
Site Administrator

Viego by Ridge Audio $5 at Pulse Audio for next 3 days

Post by James Steele »

This seems pretty no-brainer for $5. Requires full version of Kontakt 6.2 or higher. I'm scooping it up now:

https://pulse.audio/product/viego-by-rigid-audio/

James Steele
Site Administrator

Free Waves Berzerk Distortion Plug - Limited Time

Post by James Steele »

Just found out about this and passing it along:

https://www.waves.com/account/free-berzerk-sanjay-c

James Steele
Site Administrator

Looptrotter SA2RATE 2 Deal at Plugin Alliance $79 (...or even $29 if you have loyalty voucher)

Post by James Steele »

So Plugin Alliance sent out an email tonight about Looptrotter SA2RATE 2... On sale for $99.99. Reduced to $79.99 with code LOOPTROTTER-7999. If you have some PA plug-ins and get their emails chances are you might have a March loyalty voucher. I had one for $50... and it turns out you can stack the loyalty voucher on top of the other coupon. That' brought it down to $29.99 for me.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... rate2.html

I wasn't sure if I'd use it much, and admit to just grabbing it due to plug-in acquisition syndrome... but just put it across a mix and it definitely has some mojo. It imparted some nice cohesion and "glue"... definitely worth the $29.99. Hate to think what I could do if I read the manual! :lol: :rtfm:

labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Looptrotter SA2RATE 2 Deal at Plugin Alliance $79 (...or even $29 if you have loyalty voucher)

Post by labman »

James Steele wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:02 am Hate to think what I could do if I read the manual! :lol: :rtfm:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I have some clients that would also apply to!
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Shift Line SkyNet Reverb - Free/Donation

Post by James Steele »

Found out about this last in the last "Deal Compressor" show. SkyNet Reverb is free or you can make a donation. It's much like Eventide Blackhole or Cherry Audio Galactic Reverb. It's for the big cavernous, long decay type reverbs.

https://shift-line.com/skynet

skynet.png
skynet.png (404.51 KiB) Viewed 553 times

The developer has a disclaimer about potential issues with installation:
ATTENTION: Shift Line isn't a certified Apple software developer. To ensure proper operation of the installer, you need to allow the installation in system preferences (Privacy & Security / General). If you're installing the VST3/Component files to the appropriate folders on your own, you will have to perform additional actions to change user access rights as admin.
However I didn't have any problems and it seems to be working just fine!