Memory Cycle start / stop format changing

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
arsis
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Memory Cycle start / stop format changing

Post by arsis »

When I highlight the stop and type in a measure number the format changes to real time before I hit enter.
I don't why or how to change it back.
Lenovo Yoga i7, 16RAM, DP 10.11, Waves analog modeled plug-ins, AmpliTube, Shreddage 3 Jupiter, Mackie HR824 Mk1, Tobii Eye gaze mini.
Yes, I do everything using only my eyes. #ALSsucks
Even when I'm new school I'm old school.
arsis

Re: Memory Cycle start / stop format changing

Post by arsis »

I started a new project and copied everything in and it still does it. So I started another new project and copied things in one at a time testing as I went. I found the culprit to be a MIDI track. I had exported the MIDI track and dropped it into the new project. I then copied and pasted to new track and then exported it. Same problem.

What else can I do?
Why on earth is a MIDI track affecting the memory cycle format?
I need measures not minutes/seconds. Grrrr...
Lenovo Yoga i7, 16RAM, DP 10.11, Waves analog modeled plug-ins, AmpliTube, Shreddage 3 Jupiter, Mackie HR824 Mk1, Tobii Eye gaze mini.
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by FMiguelez »

arsis wrote:I started a new project and copied everything in and it still does it. So I started another new project and copied things in one at a time testing as I went. I found the culprit to be a MIDI track. I had exported the MIDI track and dropped it into the new project. I then copied and pasted to new track and then exported it. Same problem.

What else can I do?
Press Option-command-T to get the Time Formats window. Click on Measures under Time Display and set the rest of the relevant stuff as desired.

Does that help?
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
arsis

Post by arsis »

FMiguelez wrote:
arsis wrote:I started a new project and copied everything in and it still does it. So I started another new project and copied things in one at a time testing as I went. I found the culprit to be a MIDI track. I had exported the MIDI track and dropped it into the new project. I then copied and pasted to new track and then exported it. Same problem.

What else can I do?
Press Option-command-T to get the Time Formats window. Click on Measures under Time Display and set the rest of the relevant stuff as desired.

Does that help?
Yes! Thank you! I was searching the manual but hadn't found that window.