MX4 is Absolutely Amazing

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's powerful MX4 software synthesizer.

Moderator: James Steele

DrewNichols
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MX4 is Absolutely Amazing

Post by DrewNichols »

I have to admit that this soft synth is just utterly superb. Lately I've been moving more and more towards softsynths, and this one is the final nail in the coffin. I used to have 7 hardware synths/samplers. Now I'm down to three because they've been replaced by software versions. Since I've purchased MX4, I'm going to be getting rid of my Nord Lead 3 and Waldorf microwave. The only hardware I'll keep around is my Juno 106. I still haven't hear bass like that from a softsynth yet. I welcome the day though.
thracks

Re: MX4 is Absolutely Amazing

Post by thracks »

Wow, I like MX4 very much too. I've got an original Nord Rack, and it's not going anywhere. I've yet to be able to get a sound like the Nord on the MX4. Maybe I need to try harder. I've got a Juno 106 too. That's definitely not going anywhere, ever. In fact, I can't think of selling my hardware synths, I'm just too much of a pack rat. They are getting quite dusty though :)
Steve

2020 Mac Mini | Ventura | 828x |
RCory

Post by RCory »

Hey Guys..That's makes three of us...My Juno-106 isn't going anywhere either and I like the MX4 too. It just needs a little warming up though...
lmac

Post by lmac »

I just got it and I have to say it kicks serious butt. very easy to program. Sync is great. I bought it just on the sound of the few demo samples. Very happy and great price. Not a CPU hog.
summers

Post by summers »

will it run on a g4 ok
DrewNichols

Post by DrewNichols »

Depends on the G4 I'm sure. On my G5, it MX4 doesn't seem to power hungry at 256 sample buffer setting.
Akai96

Post by Akai96 »

Here's A Trick,Try running The MX4 and the Mach 5
Through A Hardware sampler (Akai S5000 Etc.)It really Fixes the too digtal sounding issues.
Just testing this thing out