What is everyone using for firewire DV?

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
bdr
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

What is everyone using for firewire DV?

Post by bdr »

I'm about to buy a firewire DV box, wondering what everyone is using and can recommend. i know a few using the Canopus ADVC1000, also found a box called Datavideo dac-100 which is cheaper here in Oztralia, always a factor with our pacific peso.
Thanks
Brett
Mac 2.8 8-core, 20 GB RAM, Mac 10.9, DP 8, EWQLSO Platinum Play, Mach V II, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer, AIR, Absynth 5, Plectrum, CronoX, Albino3, RMV, cup of tea.
MrVideo

Re: What is everyone using for firewire DV?

Post by MrVideo »

A good Sony camcorder with Analog and 1394 ports would be much tighter and would add timecode going down the firewire bus to (in my case) - Final Cut Pro HD on my MAC G4
What Else?
bralston

Re: What is everyone using for firewire DV?

Post by bralston »

Yea...I had a Formac DV studio, but it would sometimes lag too much and stutter when transferring the firewire video back to analogue. I ended up using this as an excuse to get a Canon Optura 300 and now I use that for both input and output of video into the mac. I works flawlessly and when I need it, I have a good DV video cam for trips, etc...

<small>[ November 26, 2004, 03:10 AM: Message edited by: Brian W. Ralston ]</small>
Regards,

Brian Ralston

- MacPro 7,1 3.2 GHz 16-core Intel Xeon W, 384GB 2933MHz DDR4 RAM, OS 10.15.7, 2TB SSD OS drive, 6TB Samsung Pro EVOPlus SSDs via Sonnet 4x4 M.2 PCIe card, Graphics card: AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32GB, UAD-2 Quad, DP 10.13, DP 11.0,
- 15" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz 8‑core 9th‑generation Intel Core i9 processor, Turbo Boost to 4.8GHz, 32GB 2400MHz DDR4 mem, Radeon Pro Vega 20 w/4GB HBM2 mem, 2TB SSD storage, OS 10.15.7, 2TB SSD, DP 10.13