Can't Bounce Movie with mix.

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
rob fetters
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Can't Bounce Movie with mix.

Post by rob fetters »

Hi All,
I tried to bounce out a post score with the QT movie I locked to in DP and nothing's happening. I can successfully bounce .wavs, MP3s, etc.
I haven't tried to do a movie bounce since mid-2020, had DP9.X till then and don't remember any issues, then upgraded to DP10.X
and mixed a ton of music and bounced those audio files with no hitches since then. But duh, didn't experiment with a movie.

1) I've been doing live stream concerts so I have some other software/drivers under the hood (Ecamm Live and Loopback). Bringing it up because I had
EpocCam for a while and that caused weird QT issues so I uninstalled it.

2) Opened up a fresh DP project, kept it simple with no plugs and imported the music mix with the movie locked... still no go.

3) Talked with Travis at MOTU tech support this morning, upgraded to 10.13 from 10:11 on his suggestion, tried bouncing to a different drive... still not working. Got a feeling it's something under the hood with my system but otherwise clueless.

Any help gratefully accepted. Thank you!

Rob in Cincinnati
DP 10.13 / OSX 10.14.6
MacPro 3.33 6-Core w/SSD, 32G RAM. Metric Halo I/O. (...using MH Console as a summing mixer.)
VIs / plug-ins include NI Komplete, VSL, Slate, Sound Toys, Voxengo, Kush, Eventide, Oeksound, Izotope.
eathumanrawhide

Re: Can't Bounce Movie with mix.

Post by eathumanrawhide »

I have replicated this issue with DP 10.13.

Doesn't matter if I try to do an offline bounce or not. The typical "Bouncing selection to disk" loading bar doesn't pop up at all and the Bounces folder for the project will remain empty. This isn't an issue with 9.52, which I have a backup of.

According to the manual, the workflow hasn't changed when bouncing to a Quicktime movie with DP10.
•Macbook Pro 4-Core 2.3 GHz, 16GB RAM, Mac OS 10.14.6, DP 9.52... but I'm mostly a Logic guy
•Focal Solo 6, 2x Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt
•Slate Everything Bundle, Soundtoys 5, some Apogee plugs blah blah blah...
rob fetters

Post by rob fetters »

Crickets!

...guess it's something to do with incompatibility with my set-up and DP.10.

My interim fix is thus: Downloaded and installed DP 9.52 again (thank you, MOTU!).
When I'm done with my mix in 10.13, I import the movie and mix to 9.52 and bounce out there.
Just tried it and it worked fine that way.

When I sort out the problem I'll let you know... unless someone here figures it out first!
DP 10.13 / OSX 10.14.6
MacPro 3.33 6-Core w/SSD, 32G RAM. Metric Halo I/O. (...using MH Console as a summing mixer.)
VIs / plug-ins include NI Komplete, VSL, Slate, Sound Toys, Voxengo, Kush, Eventide, Oeksound, Izotope.
crabbydad

Post by crabbydad »

I'm having the same issue on 10.13. No load bar, "bounce" folder remains empty. Bummer.
alex2035

Post by alex2035 »

rob fetters wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:23 am Crickets!

...guess it's something to do with incompatibility with my set-up and DP.10.

My interim fix is thus: Downloaded and installed DP 9.52 again (thank you, MOTU!).
When I'm done with my mix in 10.13, I import the movie and mix to 9.52 and bounce out there.
Just tried it and it worked fine that way.

When I sort out the problem I'll let you know... unless someone here figures it out first!
Hi Rob, how did you manage to install 9.52 with 10.13? I need version 9 but can´t install along 10.
Thank you !
rob fetters

Post by rob fetters »

I went to the Download section at MOTU website and at the music software section for DP selected “older versions” and downloaded DP 9.52.
I bounced out the .wav mix of the music I made in DP 10. Then quit 10, opened 9 and imported the mix and movie, lined ‘em up and bounced out the movie. It seems regressive and a little time-consuming but the client doesn’t care as long as I hit the deadline. The good souls at MOTU will eventually sort out the glitch. Meantime, I keep a starter template of my set-up in 9.52 inside my DP10 template folder just in case I hit another roadblock at 1am!
DP 10.13 / OSX 10.14.6