DP 8 NOW AVAILABLE TO DEMO!!!!

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rodger1811
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 8 NOW AVAILABLE TO DEMO!!!!

Post by rodger1811 »

This could really be a game changer!!!!!!! And to add, the ability to purchase the product online at MOTU is HUGE!!!!!! Great job MOTU!!!!!! :woohoo:
Mid 2012 Mac Pro 12 Core 2.4GHz, 24G RAM, OSX 10.8.2, DP 8.01
4x2 TB Hard Drives
APOGEE Symphony
MOTU 2408 mk3
MOTU HD192/Black Lion Modified
MOTU 24I/Ox2
MOTU MIDI Timepiece
Universal Audio UAD-2 Quad x 2
Universal Audio (Entire Plugin Library)
Waves Mercury+ Studio Classics
Tons of other goodies; to many to mention here
Gravity Jim

Re: DP 8 NOW AVAILABLE TO DEMO!!!!

Post by Gravity Jim »

Agreed. Now I can get my Logic-user pals to try DP... because, god knows, they need a better DAW.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
Radiogal

Post by Radiogal »

Yeah, and the DEMO is only ONE CLICK away!!! Easy and Awesome!
Thumbs up for MOTU. (Thumb Icon!!!)
WOW, MOTU do have ears and eyes on the wish list topics on MOTUNATION!! :D

:woohoo:

Where is the band..???

Oh, there they are!!

:band:
MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Yes, the :arrrr: can begin arriving ! :headbang: Action Revolution _
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
Prime Mover

Post by Prime Mover »

Makes me want to rip off all my clothes and run through the streets yelling "Yip!"

:woohoo:

...no, not really...

BTW, I love how fast the bass player is playing. Like how God meant it to be:
:band:
— Eric Barker
Eel House

"All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio"
MacPro 1,1 2Ghz 7GB RAM OS 10.6.8 | MacBook Pro 13" i5 1.8Ghz 16GB RAM OS 10.8.2
DP7/8 | Komplete 7 | B4II | Korg Legacy Analog | Waves v9 (various) | Valhalla Room | EWQLSO Gold
MOTU 828mkII | MOTU 8pre | Presonus BlueTube | FMR RNC
Themes: Round is Right and Alloy
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

Boo-yah. Chew on that, Gearslutz and KVR!

Btw, our own RadioGal and Frankymax have posted about DP 8.02 on Gearslutz. Awesome!
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

Posted a topic at KVR. :headbang:
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
mike connelly
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by mike connelly »

Great to see, now I can finally try it out. It includes the PDF manuals as well, so it should also put that discussion to rest (although I still don't see why they don't just have links to download them now).

Thanks to MOTU for making it available, don't know why it took so long.
Michael Canavan

mike connelly wrote:Great to see, now I can finally try it out. It includes the PDF manuals as well, so it should also put that discussion to rest (although I still don't see why they don't just have links to download them now).

Thanks to MOTU for making it available, don't know why it took so long.
If you're talking about the Windows version, the number of people reporting issues even after waiting 6+ months longer than the Mac version attests to how difficult it is to port a DAW.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
mike connelly

Post by mike connelly »

Actually I was talking about the demo, mac in my case. I'm pretty impressed so far although I wish CPU performance was closer to Logic. Anyway, having a demo makes getting it more of a possibility.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

mike connelly wrote:Actually I was talking about the demo, mac in my case. I'm pretty impressed so far although I wish CPU performance was closer to Logic. Anyway, having a demo makes getting it more of a possibility.
Just in case you're looking at the DP performance meter, don't. It doesn't tell you much, and you might find the CPU performance is closer to Logic than it first appears.
2018 Mini i7 32G macOS 12.6, DP 11.32, Mixbus 10, Logic 10.7, Scarlett 18i8
Michael Canavan

What bayswater said. Ran a few to failure performance tests between the three DAWs I own, Logic Live and DP. Logic and DP were pretty much neck and neck. DP says it's at 70% real early but twice as many plug ins and it only hits 80%. Logic is more linear that way.

Logic and DP will bog out at random times with little or no pattern here, with Logic it simply stops the sequence, with DP the GUI gets slow and it pops and crackles. Don't know which I like least that way. :|
mike connelly

Post by mike connelly »

bayswater wrote:Just in case you're looking at the DP performance meter, don't. It doesn't tell you much, and you might find the CPU performance is closer to Logic than it first appears.
You're right, it doesn't tell much. I compared running the same content on both apps, and DP had pops and clicks playing back far less. Thanks for the tip.
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Michael Canavan wrote:What bayswater said. Ran a few to failure performance tests between the three DAWs I own, Logic Live and DP. Logic and DP were pretty much neck and neck. DP says it's at 70% real early but twice as many plug ins and it only hits 80%. Logic is more linear that way.

Logic and DP will bog out at random times with little or no pattern here, with Logic it simply stops the sequence, with DP the GUI gets slow and it pops and crackles. Don't know which I like least that way. :|
DP has always made performance of the sequence the top priority. I had discussions with the developers like 20 years ago, and they made that very clear. While I didn't like my faders becoming laggy, I had to admit that it made much more sense to keep the actual music sacrosanct, and to take the lagging GUI as a warning that I needed to print some stems.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|