MP3 / Lame help needed

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
artfarm1
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MP3 / Lame help needed

Post by artfarm1 »

Hi all,

Am trying to get LAME mp3 burner working. I downloaded the LAME file, version 3.98 for Mac OSX

What I've got:
- Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/MOTU Audo Export/(a)Core Audio Export.bundle, (b)LAME Audio Export.bundle, (c)libmp3lame.dylib

When I try to choose 'mp3' format in 'Burn to Disc', I get the message: "string not found" for mp3 choice.

Thanks all!
DP 11, OS Ventura
MacMini 2023 M2Pro, 16 gig RAM, MOTU M6, SSD drives for everything, various sound/sampled libraries from all major vendors, Logic Pro X, DSP-Quattro
MacBook Pro 2015, OSX Monterey, 2.5ghz, 16 gig RAM (w/duplicate software as in MacMini setup)
Trombones: King 2B SilverSonic, King 2B Liberty, & Conn 88H w/Doug Elliott mouthpieces!
http://www.cammillarmusic.com
artfarm1

Re: MP3 / Lame help needed

Post by artfarm1 »

Well, I just did a re-install of DP8, put the lame library file back in the proper place, and all is well!

I'll have to see what else I fixed by re-installing?
DP 11, OS Ventura
MacMini 2023 M2Pro, 16 gig RAM, MOTU M6, SSD drives for everything, various sound/sampled libraries from all major vendors, Logic Pro X, DSP-Quattro
MacBook Pro 2015, OSX Monterey, 2.5ghz, 16 gig RAM (w/duplicate software as in MacMini setup)
Trombones: King 2B SilverSonic, King 2B Liberty, & Conn 88H w/Doug Elliott mouthpieces!
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Stating the obvious: Repair Permissions
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
artfarm1

Post by artfarm1 »

For sure.... permissions, get out the good old Disk Warrior, backup again now that all is well.

I'd just done a big computer cleanse a couple of days ago, but it took a re-install to get the LAME codec straightened away.
DP 11, OS Ventura
dpg4macman

Post by dpg4macman »

I finely got LAME working after dragging the files from my time machine backup drive and placing them into the proper folder in my library however, now when I choose bounce to mp3 the box for options opens and the screen is pink. (completely pink) I moused around and adjusted the settings and was able to make it work. I tried installing the latest lame version 3.99 I believe but after the install there were no files placed into the MOTU Audio Export folder. (??) I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. Also I am about to give up trying to bridge my 32bit vst plugins. (what a pain)

mvh
artfarm1

Post by artfarm1 »

Try re-installing DP from the installer disk? That did the trick for me and the LAME problem.
DP 11, OS Ventura
dpg4macman

Post by dpg4macman »

I did a reinstall of DP - still had pink screen - Found a solution, After mousing around and getting the proper settings 320, joint stereo,etc... I saved the settings as an Audio Export Format in the bounce to disc pop up window. Now I just choose mp3 (which is what I named the saved preset) and off I go. No more pink window to deal with.

Thanks for the help anyway,

mvh
cloudsplitter

Post by cloudsplitter »

Boy you guys are getting more than me...I have tried every way from sunday and no luck..I'm running current versions of DP and mountain lion and there is no dylibs or usr/local/lib files or anything anywhere..I don't know where you guys are finding this stuff but I sure can't...!! no search calls anything up..no 'GO" just says file not found...Hmmm
Mac Pro 3,1 8 core 12 gigs ram Mavericks. DP-8.05 Fractal Audio Axe-FX Ultra, motu traveler, motu MIDI express, 2-24" LCD monitors, Yamaha HS80M,Yamaha NS10M's JBL28P monitors. Mackie control universal, BFD-2, Omnisphere,Trilian Ozone 4, Melodyne Studio/Editor, . Alesis Masterlink. Avalon 737sp. PCM 90. MikTek C4V. Korg Triton Extreme. Paul Reed Smith guitars, MPC-2500 there's more..but that's the heart of it.
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

cloudsplitter wrote:Boy you guys are getting more than me...I have tried every way from sunday and no luck..I'm running current versions of DP and mountain lion and there is no dylibs or usr/local/lib files or anything anywhere..I don't know where you guys are finding this stuff but I sure can't...!! no search calls anything up..no 'GO" just says file not found...Hmmm
That's because your library is hidden in ML. Hold the option key while clicking the "Go" menu.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
cloudsplitter

Post by cloudsplitter »

Ahhhhhh.... !!! I will try again tomorrow. Thank you..
Mac Pro 3,1 8 core 12 gigs ram Mavericks. DP-8.05 Fractal Audio Axe-FX Ultra, motu traveler, motu MIDI express, 2-24" LCD monitors, Yamaha HS80M,Yamaha NS10M's JBL28P monitors. Mackie control universal, BFD-2, Omnisphere,Trilian Ozone 4, Melodyne Studio/Editor, . Alesis Masterlink. Avalon 737sp. PCM 90. MikTek C4V. Korg Triton Extreme. Paul Reed Smith guitars, MPC-2500 there's more..but that's the heart of it.
cloudsplitter

Post by cloudsplitter »

unreal.....I held the option key down and clicked on GO but when I open the library there is no folder called Lame audio export bundle..I can find it when I go to the library on my boot drive but hitting Option Go does nothing. Soooo...still no frigging idea where this mysterious dylib file exists...and no idea when I download the lame file were it is installing it at...very bizarre...I may need some more step by step help....!
cloudsplitter

Post by cloudsplitter »

Also...when I hit go or option go...every file i try to find i just keep getting error messages "file not found" so the go thing isn't "going" very well for me either
cloudsplitter

Post by cloudsplitter »

Ok...I got it......nothing to see here. what i did was take the libmp3lame.dylib.zip (Oct 1 2012) open it..then take the libmp3lame.dylib (march 18 2010) componant and drag it to my desktop...then from there, open library/plug ins/motu/audio export bundles and drag it into the exports folder...now it works fine.