828mkII - Clicks with Win2K Pro but not with Sonar

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
phillipthorne
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

828mkII - Clicks with Win2K Pro but not with Sonar

Post by phillipthorne »

Hi,

I'm using my 828mkII with Win2K Pro and Sonar4PE. Everything works fine. When I come to use it with Windows media player or Goldwave then I get sporadic clicks on playback. I've checked Win2K Audio settings and all looks fine but on looking at the Hardware Device Manager I see that there are other drivers still there like the AC97 codecs and legacy audio stuff. The 828 is the only device on my PC and I have a Keyspan PCI 1394 with TI chipset so I'm not sure if the other drivers are necessary as I don't have a second sound card.

I've searched the posts to see if any one else has had this problem and where the area of fault could be. It's puzzling to me that with Sonar driving the unit then everything works as it should.

Any pointers would be appreciated
Kind regards
Phillip
Always tell the truth - the truth will set you free
Mark S
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: 828mkII - Clicks with Win2K Pro but not with Sonar

Post by Mark S »

Are you using Asio or wdm with Sonar?

It also doesn't suprise me you get this from some native windows apps. Would you expect more?

It might be something as simple as a hardware acceleration setting.

Try shutting down your ac97 device in Bios too. It should disappear from device manager after that.
cebit
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by cebit »

I am having clicks with Cubase SX 3.1.1.944/ASIO but not with Sonar 5.0.1PE(ASIO+WDM).

I don't know what to blame...