Choose New Take for many tracks at once

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
apanacci
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Choose New Take for many tracks at once

Post by apanacci »

Hey guys can anyone help. When I recording on say 10 tracks and I want to record a 2nd take on all. How do I choose take 2 for all? I grouped all the tracks but I had to go thru each one and choose take 2. Thanks
2009 8 Core 5.1, 2012 6 Core MacPro,s , (32 gigs Ram) Mojave 14.6, Radeon 570, MacBookPros 2011, 2017 , 828MKIII Hybrid, 828X, MicroBook II, 8Pre, Nuendo 8ch A/D converter, PreSonus DigiMax LT ,DP11 , PT 2022.12, Cubase Elements 10.5, Peak 7, Logic 9 ,WaveLab 11, Reason 10, DSP-Quattro 5 ,many plugins , mics and synths. http://www.panaccimusic.com
1nput0utput

Re: Choose New Take for many tracks at once

Post by 1nput0utput »

By default, the keyboard shortcut ctrl-opt-n creates a new take in all record-enabled tracks.
The leading cause of wrong answers is asking the wrong questions.
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Select your tracks. Press "t" and keep it down while you select New Take from any selected track. Bam!

Or, you can group your tracks normally, but you need to make sure you have set the things that you want your group to respond to (takes, in this case).
Remember you can have lots of groups with lots of different properties (things they will do as a group). Maybe you just want a group of tracks for selection, or only for showing, or maybe you want it to respond to everything.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
Tim

Post by Tim »

Yeah... hold 'T'... and make sure that the Take stuff is enabled in Temporary Group Type (Group window/mini menu).
wurliuchi
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by wurliuchi »

1nput0utput wrote:By default, the keyboard shortcut ctrl-opt-n creates a new take in all record-enabled tracks.
Now that's cool! I had no idea. I've always done the group thing. Why don't I know these things!!!
DP 6.03 • MacPro 2x3 Ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon • 9 GB RAM • 10.5.7 • Prayers
motuscott

Post by motuscott »

1nput0utput wrote:By default, the keyboard shortcut ctrl-opt-n creates a new take in all record-enabled tracks.
Good one!
imac 2.4 Core2Duo 4G RAM, MBP 2.26 Core2Duo 8G RAM/ OS 10.6.8
MOTU 828mk2, microlite
DP7.24, Reason6.5.3, B4II, Ethno, RMX