"recovered files" in trash

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

baanes
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

"recovered files" in trash

Post by baanes »

Every time I start my computer up I find a folder named "recovered files" in the trash. I never recognize these files as things I have deleted or haven't deleted. A lot of them are absynth preset banks that won't open if I take them out of the trash, but I haven't lost any of the absynth banks I use or that came with the program. The other files seem to be fairly random. I haven't seen any chance in functionality with this computer since this started happening, and disk utility and techtool report no problems with my disk, although just to be safe I've been backup up very often. So, it's not a big deal so far, but I'd like it to go away. Any ideas?
eixb
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by eixb »

yea i have this too...nothing seems to be amiss. i delete the trash when i reboot and go on with my day :D
monkey man
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by monkey man »

eixb wrote:yea i have this too...nothing seems to be amiss. i delete the trash when i reboot and go on with my day :D
Hey, eixb.

I do this too, knowing that sweeping it under the carpet's likely to bite me on the rear one day.
Just not today. Hopefully.

Frodo?
Calling any propellorhead? :D
M

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
newrigel

Post by newrigel »

One or more Recovered Files folder may appear in your Trash after restarting your computer. The recovered files are temporary files used by Mac OS X applications. Usually temporary files are deleted by an application when it no longer needs them. If an application quits unexpectedly, the temporary files may not get deleted by the application. When you restart your computer, Mac OS X moves these temporary files to the Trash.

You can retrieve useful files by dragging them out of the Trash. In most cases, however, the temporary files are not important and it is safe to empty your Trash. Check with the manufacturer of the application if you are not sure.