Lost Audiodesk install disk

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
zero
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Lost Audiodesk install disk

Post by zero »

(I posted this over on the hardware board, hope it's ok to post here as well).

Hi All,

I bought a traveler for live use with a PowerBook and have lost the audiodesk disk that came with it. I've made an emergency boot firewire drive and I need to reauthorize Audiodesk for that drive. I still have the manual with the key code, but without the install disk I'm screwed ... I'd be happy to buy it but it seems it only comes bundled with hardware.. anybody know what I can do?

Cheers
baanes

Post by baanes »

You could try asking motu for a new disc. Might work, if you registered your hardware. They'd probably charge you but less than buying something new.

In the meantime you could try Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/) if all you're in a pinch.
zero

Post by zero »

Thanks baanes,

Appreciate your reply. About to call MOTU now. Thanks for the tip re Audacity, but I already have other audio software I can use (DP 4, Logic, Live 5) - am trying to keep it simple for live shows, and would like to have an exact clone of my PB internal drive w/audiodesk on it. Shame you can't buy it undbundled, PITA. My own fault for displacing the disk, tho. :oops: