PCI324 WINXP SP2 - Blue Screen of DEATH MOTU Driver

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
n2cbo
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

PCI324 WINXP SP2 - Blue Screen of DEATH MOTU Driver

Post by n2cbo »

I keep getting a blue screen of death (have been running pretty good for about 6 months prior) it says something to the effect: IRQ NOT eq to and then it mentions the MOTU driver dll. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks in advance
Mark Emanuele
Watergap Media Group
Smokehouse
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Smokehouse »

I had something similar, although I can't say it's the same as you are finding. I run my 828mkII on my business laptop (I know, bad idea, but there it is), and this machine has a corporate issued security tool called Cisco Security Agent (CSA). When the employer upgraded CSA, the MOTU drivers began to crash as you described. I could play through the 828 for a few seconds, and then BSD!

I backed out the CSA upgrade, and things we fine. Policy dictates that I have this up to rev, so I did the right thing. I repartitioned the drive, and now have a "business boot" image and a "music boot" image.

I suspect that you installed or upgraded something on your machine. If you have set "restore points" in Windows, you should look and see if you can roll your system back. Baring that, you will likely have to either un-install any suspect software that you have installed before the BSDs started happening, or rebuild your system. :(
"I'll try anything twice."
Dell Latitude E6400 w/ WIN XP SP3, ADS Pyro 1394 FireWire
SONAR 8.5, WaveArts TrackPlus & MasterVerb, AutoTune 4.1
MOTU 828 MKIII, MOTU 828mkII, Presonus Digimax LT