Plug-in Updates Sticky Topic

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DDMF Plugin Doctor updated to 2.2.5

Post by James Steele »

bayswater wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:52 am
James Steele wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:06 am DDMF Plugin Doctor updated from 2.2.2 to 2.2.3

https://ddmf.eu/plugindoctor/
2023/09:28: v2.2.3 bug in previous version caused hardware option to stop working
I did this update, and it failed. Although I have a licence that worked for 2.2.2, it went into demo mode with the demo expired, and I was prompted for an activation file. I used the file that came with the 2.2.3 download, but it was not recognized. Also had problems keeping the activation panel on screen. Navigating to the activation file made it disappear.

I send a support request but got nothing back.
Looks Like 2.2.5 is up on their site. Here's the changelog since:
2023/10/24: v2.2.5 fixed code signing issue (Mac only) in previous version
2023/10/23: v2.2.4 removed edge case which could lead to no graph displayed
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Boz Digital Panipulator 3 updated to 3.0.12

Post by James Steele »

Boz Digital Panipulator 3 updated to 3.0.12

Another "silent" update. No email sent out and don't think I saw any changelog. Oh well.

https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product/panipulator/

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Boz Digital Pan Knob 2 updated to 2.0.7

Post by James Steele »

Boz Digital Pan Knob 2 updated to 2.0.7

Another "silent" update. No email sent out and don't think I saw any changelog. Oh well.

https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product/pan-knob/

James Steele
Site Administrator

Boz Digital David Bendeth's Plus 10db Comp/EQ updated to 2.0.11

Post by James Steele »

Boz Digital David Bendeth's Plus 10db Comp/EQ updated to 2.0.11

https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product/ ... ressor-v2/

James Steele
Site Administrator

Boz Digital Big Clipper/Little Clipper 2 updated to 2.0.9/2.06

Post by James Steele »

Boz Digital Big Clipper/Little Clipper 2 updated to 2.0.9/2.06

https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product/ ... per-2-raw/
https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product/ ... clipper-2/

James Steele
Site Administrator

Boz Digital David Bendeth's The Hoser XT 2 updated to 2.0.10

Post by James Steele »

Boz Digital David Bendeth's The Hoser XT 2 updated to 2.0.10

https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product/the-hoser-xt-2/

James Steele
Site Administrator

Plugin Alliance Lindell 354E updated from 1.0.3 to 1.0.4

Post by James Steele »

Plugin Alliance Lindell 354E updated from 1.0.3 to 1.0.4

Had to find this out my going into my account and comparing version numbers on the website with version shown in PlugInfo. Not sure what changed.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... _354e.html

James Steele
Site Administrator

Native Instruments Massive X updated from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4 (incl. DP-specific fix) - but I'm scared!

Post by James Steele »

Native Instruments Massive X updated from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4

Get this by running Native Access. Actually includes a DP specific fix (see release notes pasted below).

That said, why am I scared?! Given the utter DEBACLE of the Kontakt 7.6.1 update (that update gave me CPU spikes that didn't seem to be alleviated by simply downgrading to 7.6.0 requiring a full restore of my boot drive), I'm going to wait for my current Time Machine backup to finish before I install this thing.

Native Instruments has really lost my trust for a while here. It will be some time before I install any NI updates (apart for simple library content updates) without making sure Time Machine has made an APFS snapshot of my boot volume. They STILL don't have a Kontakt 7.6.2 version that fixes the issue yet! I guess this gives a whole new meaning to the term "Trusted Developer." I got burned pretty good by Kontakt 7.6.1. NI is not on my trusted developer list, for now.
Release Notes
Version 1.4.4 2023-10-25
MASSIVE X is available as AAX, AU, VST and VST3 Plug-ins in this version.
MASSIVE X requires an Intel processor with AVX or an Apple Silicon processor. The MASSIVE X Factory Library is a separate installation, be sure to install via NATIVE ACCESS.

ADDED - macOS Sonoma compatibility
FIXED - Some user presets could not be recalled after being saved in a host session
FIXED - Some presets would not sound correctly when loaded in Digital Performer

Michael Canavan

Re: Native Instruments Massive X updated from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4 (incl. DP-specific fix) - but I'm scared!

Post by Michael Canavan »

James Steele wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:16 pm Native Instruments Massive X updated from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4

Get this by running Native Access. Actually includes a DP specific fix (see release notes pasted below).

That said, why am I scared?! Given the utter DEBACLE of the Kontakt 7.6.1 update (that update gave me CPU spikes that didn't seem to be alleviated by simply downgrading to 7.6.0 requiring a full restore of my boot drive), I'm going to wait for my current Time Machine backup to finish before I install this thing.

Native Instruments has really lost my trust for a while here. It will be some time before I install any NI updates (apart for simple library content updates) without making sure Time Machine has made an APFS snapshot of my boot volume. They STILL don't have a Kontakt 7.6.2 version that fixes the issue yet! I guess this gives a whole new meaning to the term "Trusted Developer." I got burned pretty good by Kontakt 7.6.1. NI is not on my trusted developer list, for now.
Release Notes
Version 1.4.4 2023-10-25
MASSIVE X is available as AAX, AU, VST and VST3 Plug-ins in this version.
MASSIVE X requires an Intel processor with AVX or an Apple Silicon processor. The MASSIVE X Factory Library is a separate installation, be sure to install via NATIVE ACCESS.

ADDED - macOS Sonoma compatibility
FIXED - Some user presets could not be recalled after being saved in a host session
FIXED - Some presets would not sound correctly when loaded in Digital Performer
I've own Komplete since version 2, and they've always been a super amazing forward thinking company that struggled with compatibility on Mac OS. They took forever to update their line up for the PPC to Intel transition and almost as long to go from Intel to Apple Silicon. I have no doubt that part of the problem is deprecated code in Kontakt that still isn't meeting Apples standards. Granted Apple can be a moving target, it's just that NI are always on the list of plugins that are not ready for Mac OS XXX or YYY etc.

Right now they aren't Sonoma certified, and for whatever reason DP is pickier than most other DAWs about it. TO be fair Amplitube is obviously not Sonoma ready and doesn't misbehave in DP, but it easily crashes Live, which I've been working in a bit for a collaboration.

Reaktor, Kontakt and Massive X are all pretty great when they work well though.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Frozen Plain Mirage updated from 2.0.3 to 2.0.4

Post by James Steele »

Frozen Plain Mirage updated from 2.0.3 to 2.0.4

Frozen Plain updated their Mirage player: https://frozenplain.com/mirage-installer/

bayswater

Re: Nomad Factory Retro EQs

Post by bayswater »

James Steele wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:02 pm Nomad Factory updated their Retro EQs v2 bundle. It includes the Pulse-Tec EQs v2 and All-Tec EQs v2... which you can get separately if you want. The good news if you previously owned one of their bundles that contained them, pretty sure they're free. I had the Integral Studio Pack or whatever and they are authorized.

https://www.nomadfactory.com/news/n251- ... -Upgrades/
I’m assuming this is an emulation of the original Pultec hardware. How does it compare to the UAD emulation? I ask because that’s the only plugin I really missed when I retired the UAD card.
2018 Mini i7 32G macOS 12.6, DP 11.32, Mixbus 10, Logic 10.7, Scarlett 18i8
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

bayswater wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:34 pmHow does it compare to the UAD emulation?
Don't know... and don't really have time to compare right now. Maybe there's a demo? I just downloaded it because I already owned a bundle so I got it free.

stubbsonic

Keyboard Maestro

Post by stubbsonic »

Not a plugin, but still perhaps worth mentioning.

Got email from Stairways that Keyboard Maestro version 11.0 was released.

"...adds a New Macro Wizard, new Security preference pane, a keyboardmaestro command line tool, support for Apple Text Recognition, and new actions like Prompt For Snippet, Create Calendar Event, Send Pushover Notification, Select Menu by Name and many more."

Here's a bigger list:

https://www.stairways.com/press/2023-10-24
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Plug-in Updates Sticky Topic

Post by labman »

Just sayin'... this thread was a brilliant one to start sir James. Thank you again.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS12.7.5, DP11.32, all Waves, all SLATE,PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, most all Orchestral Tools, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

James Steele wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:27 pm
bayswater wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:34 pmHow does it compare to the UAD emulation?
Don't know... and don't really have time to compare right now. Maybe there's a demo? I just downloaded it because I already owned a bundle so I got it free.
Didn't see a demo, but bought it anyway. It's a reasonable emulation, and quite subtle like the UAD version, has nice mid range sounds when pushed, and seems to do a little compression on the side. The face plate image is appropriately stained and scratched, and looks like it survived a fire.
2018 Mini i7 32G macOS 12.6, DP 11.32, Mixbus 10, Logic 10.7, Scarlett 18i8