DP + Airfoil 2024?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Irimi Nage
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP + Airfoil 2024?

Post by Irimi Nage »

James that looks really useful. If not for this then for other tasks I’d want to use it for. Thanks for the heads up.
dwilliams

Post by dwilliams »

Just to state the obvious, is there a reason you aren't pursuing an Ethernet solution? You can also do long TB runs if buy the ridiculously expense long optical cable.
Krakadon
aka Dave Williams
Rock, metal, Camas, WA

* 15" Mid-2019 MBP 2.4 GHz 8-core i9, 32GB RAM, Ventura 13.6.5. TB: UA Apollo QuadFW w/TB card, Satellite OctoTB2 & OctoTB3, PreSonus Quantum 4848 TB2; USB 2.0: Ext USB3 drives, Fractal Audio Axe-Fx III , Revv Generator 120 MK3; USB 3.0: Stream Deck XL, M Audio Oxygen 49, Akai MPD218, Console One Mk3, SSL UC1, X-Touch U; HDMI: 34" 16:9 & 32" 2K Monitors
* DP 11.31
greg328

Post by greg328 »

Logistically your idea seems challenging. You’re wanting push play on the basement DP, then run upstairs and monitor it on that DP system?

Are you able to trigger the basement DP transport from the upstairs open DP-or some other means I’m not aware of?

Why not just mix the basement drums to a high-res WAV, drop it into Dropbox, then grab it from Dropbox upstairs and play it through that system? This is how I audition mixes on my downstairs laptop, created in my upstairs DP studio.

Of course, once in Dropbox I can audition from my iPhone’s Dropbox app in my car via CarPlay. VERY convenient!!

Just my .02-
Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mac Studio Ultra, 64 GIG RAM, Apollo Quad, OS 13.4.1 Ventura
DP 11.22, Yamaha Motif XS8, Novation MoroderNova, UAD Apollo and FX plugs, Lots of PLAY/OPUS libraries, Ivory 2, lots of Arturia titles, all 4 Spectrasonics titles, NI Komplete 13, BFD2-3, Addictive Drums 2, MachFive 3, Pianoteq 6, lots of UVI Workstation titles, All 5 MusicLab guitars-RealGuitar, RealStrat, RealLesPaulCustom, RealRickenbacker and RealEight.
CharlzS
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by CharlzS »

Irimi Nage wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:23 pm James that looks really useful. If not for this then for other tasks I’d want to use it for. Thanks for the heads up.
Maybe Blue Cat's Connector (instead of Fader Hub) would be a solution. Again, latency may be an issue if not hardwired. Not sure what kind of performance you'd get in a WiFi 6 (or better) environment. Demos avaiable.

https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/P ... Connector/
DP 11.32 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

CharlzS wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:33 am
Irimi Nage wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:23 pm James that looks really useful. If not for this then for other tasks I’d want to use it for. Thanks for the heads up.
Maybe Blue Cat's Connector (instead of Fader Hub) would be a solution. Again, latency may be an issue if not hardwired. Not sure what kind of performance you'd get in a WiFi 6 (or better) environment. Demos avaiable.

I initially suggested Connector, but he said he got artifacts using it. I suggest trying it again.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

greg328 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:49 amAre you able to trigger the basement DP transport from the upstairs open DP-or some other means I’m not aware of?
You can do all this and a lot more with the free Avid Control app for iOS or Android. You just have to set up EuCon in the Control Surfaces Setup.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Irimi Nage

Post by Irimi Nage »

James Steele wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:57 pm
greg328 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:49 amAre you able to trigger the basement DP transport from the upstairs open DP-or some other means I’m not aware of?
You can do all this and a lot more with the free Avid Control app for iOS or Android. You just have to set up EuCon in the Control Surfaces Setup.
Hi I’m back to replying after a few crazy days

Yes I am able to control either computer from either location. I regularly access the various Macs in the house via the screen sharing app on desktop. It works great, been doing it for years now. So video and keyboard/mouse aren’t a problem whatsoever. It’s just a matter of getting usable quality wireless audio between rooms.
CharlzS
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by CharlzS »

James Steele wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:56 pm
CharlzS wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:33 am

I initially suggested Connector, but he said he got artifacts using it. I suggest trying it again.
Sorry, I missed that. That's what I get for trying to speed read a thread. Anywho, I recently upgraded to a WiFi 6 capable router and the speed boost is significant. 6e and 7 suppose to be even better, but not sure how widely supported those are. Maybe jacking up the WiFi can help with glitching if you're not already there.
DP 11.32 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1