Even more problems with the 896hd... :[

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
Ethan Holdtrue
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Even more problems with the 896hd... :[

Post by Ethan Holdtrue »

Well here I am using my 2 month old 896HD with the typical and I think a few not so typical problems. I'm useing a AMD 64 x2 with a asus MB and a raid-0 aray with 2 sata raptors, through win 2000/sp4, with Sonar 5 PE. I have been through 3 firewire cards and am now using a ADS with the TI chip and I'm still having audio dropouts on play back and 'gitters' and 'pops' showing up on my tracks when I record. However lately my 896hd has started doing this new thing where it will start clicking at close to 120 bpm, and the sound gets all distorted. Once I restart the unit it go's away for a little while then comes back (however the gitters and pops are pretty constant nomatter what I do).

Has any one else gone through all this?
edwardb
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by edwardb »

I am experiencing the same type thing with windows xp pro sp1 and dual 896hd...If i use a single unit no problems....as soon as i enable the second 896hd in the chain look out for clicks and pops and dropouts and the sync leds on the second 896hd blink on and off. It's not only in sonar p5 either. I use that program but i also use acid pro 5 and a number of native instruments synths. Each time i start an application the leds do their little song and dance and it results in loud clicks in the audio path. There is no set pattern really and i also get the pulse throughout the entire set of channel leds from time to time that light up all the leds and then goes away. Have you experienced any of these symptoms ?

I am using onboard ti 1394 chipset....I have tried the belkin pci 1394 card with the ti chipset, i have installed this on three seperate pc's (desktop x 2 : Laptop x 1 Onboard ti) and i still get the same results.....I have contacted motu tech support and they have informed me that they are putting together a dual processor pc windows based system for testing.....All i can do is wait. For the time being i guess i'll just use one 896hd and keep the other one for a spare.......

Brian
Asus PC-DL Deluxe Server Motherboard
Dual Intel Xeon 3.2 Ghz 2Mb L3 Cache 533 Fsb
Intel 875 Chipset, 4 Gb Ram, 256 Mb Agp 8X Video
Belkin Firewire Pci
Maxtor Sata 7200 rpm 16 Mb Cache 250 Gb X 3
Dual Motu 896HD Firewire Interface
Presonus Digimax LT Pre-Amp
Windows Xp Pro Sp1, Sonar 6 Producer
Native Instruments Komplete 3
Ethan Holdtrue

Post by Ethan Holdtrue »

I realy don't get how they can make a good product and then diswade new customers through poor c/s. It seems all these problems go, for the most part, unaddressed.

Has any one else had the stated problems and figured out a way to fix them? This is killing me here....
timpreager

Post by timpreager »

Yes, I have had the exact same problems, but with 2x896's (not HD). Still no solution for me yet. Probably going to try another MB and see if that works, maybe PCIe, who knows, still undecided.

This problem has been around for quite some time, I've seen it on many different BBS's. Hopefully we can get it all fixed sometime soon.

Tim
--
AMD Athlon 64 3800+ X2 (Dual-Core)
ASUS A8V Deluxe
2x512MB DDR PC3200 Corsair
20GB Quantum Fireball System Drive 7200
2x250GB Seagate SATA150 7200
2xMOTU 896 on onBoard Firewire
Nuendo 2.2 b33
Windows XP Professional SP1