Program Changes via Keyboard Maestro

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
lydian91
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Program Changes via Keyboard Maestro

Post by lydian91 »

I have a number of Keyboard Maestro shortcuts that send MIDI CCs. I use them all the time with step input. I have recently started to include program changes in these KM shortcuts, as I don't have a hardware device that sends these.

Program changes are a little more complicated in KM, as you have to set them up as a "raw packet" in hex format. My understanding is that the syntax would be "C0 00" for patch 1, "C0 01" for patch 2, etc.

DP is recognizing that syntax and inputting the correct patch numbers; however, when I go to the event list, the icon will be correct (e.g. "#2") but the text on the right says "unknown patch". I can click on that text, and it displays the breakout window where I can choose a patch 1-127.

Is there a better way to format these messages in KM?
Mac Studio M2 Ultra (192GB RAM) | macOS 13.5.2 | MOTU M4 | DP 11.3