Silent analog outputs on Ultralite Mk3 despite meter lit

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
amundsen
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Silent analog outputs on Ultralite Mk3 despite meter lit

Post by amundsen »

Hello,

I have a weird issue. I moved my computer for a set and after having re-plugged my Ultralite MkIII Hybrid (USB connection) I don't have any sound on the analog outputs despite the level meters raised on the Ultralite's LCD. The issue happens with all the analog outputs. Howver if I set the headphones output to be fed by the main pair of outputs, I have sound in the headphones.

Is there some kind of mute I might have activated by accident? What should I check?

I am really puzzled. :shake: :shake: :shake:
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Silent analog outputs on Ultralite Mk3 despite meter lit

Post by terrybritton »

amundsen wrote:Hello,

I have a weird issue. I moved my computer for a set and after having re-plugged my Ultralite MkIII Hybrid (USB connection) I don't have any sound on the analog outputs despite the level meters raised on the Ultralite's LCD. The issue happens with all the analog outputs. Howver if I set the headphones output to be fed by the main pair of outputs, I have sound in the headphones.

Is there some kind of mute I might have activated by accident? What should I check?

I am really puzzled. :shake: :shake: :shake:
You might have accidentally clicked the "Monitor" button in the "Outputs" tab at the bottom of a pertinent item and had the volume knob at the upper right turned down. I do that all the freakin' time.

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
amundsen
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Silent analog outputs on Ultralite Mk3 despite meter lit

Post by amundsen »

terrybritton wrote:You might have accidentally clicked the "Monitor" button in the "Outputs" tab at the bottom of a pertinent item and had the volume knob at the upper right turned down. I do that all the freakin' time.

Terry
Ah, this is interesting. Now I got my main stereo back. However I don't remember how I had an independent signal going on output 8 rather than into the main mix. But that helps a lot already. Thank you!