Editing Duplicate Soundbites in DP8 Separately?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bigcityrecording
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Editing Duplicate Soundbites in DP8 Separately?

Post by bigcityrecording »

I just updated to DP8.0.6 and noticed that I can't switch how duplicate soundbite editing is treated.

In past versions, it was possible to set a preference to either edit all duplicate soundbites simultaneously or to edit them separately. In other words, editing one duplicate soundbite would not cause other duplicates to be edited. This was a switchable feature. In this version, unless I'm missing something, it seems the option to edit duplicate soundbites separately has been removed.

Going through the manual, I could not seem to find an answer to this. Does anyone have the answer?

Thanks!

Paul
Paul Tavenner
Big City Recording Studios
Man Alive Music Productions
Los Angeles, CA
elcappn
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Editing Duplicate Soundbites in DP8 Separately?

Post by elcappn »

This option is still there. It's in the Sequence Editor mini menu.
Chris

2013 Mac Pro 3.5 6-Core 64GB of RAM, 27" Dell Display x 3, macOS 10.15.7, MOTU 1248, MTP AV, Yamaha S90-es, Dave Smith Prophet 12, OB-6 & Arturia Matrix Brute, DP 10.11, Dorico Pro 2, VEP7, All Oxford plugs, PSP, Pro-Q 3, Kontakt, SoundToys, Softube, Exponential Audio Phoenix Verb, R2, Nimbus & R4, LASS+LS, WIVI Brass+Winds, VSL Harps, Falcon, CineSamples, Spitfire, Output, Heavyocity, Scuffham.
bigcityrecording
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Editing Duplicate Soundbites in DP8 Separately?

Post by bigcityrecording »

Aha! Thanks, Chris. I knew it had to be there somewhere!

It's interesting that it doesn't mention that in the audio/soundbite editing section of the manual. I suspect it is in the Sequence Edit part of the manual, though.

Anyway, glad it's still there!

Paul
Paul Tavenner
Big City Recording Studios
Man Alive Music Productions
Los Angeles, CA