DP vs Logic

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
tripit@earthlink.net
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP vs Logic

Post by tripit@earthlink.net »

blue wrote:
excatcher wrote:I figured that this (DP vs Logic) must have been covered a million times; I just couldn't find a clean thread.
Yea, finding a clean thread may be hard to do. People are pretty passionate about their software, and the Logic vs DP thing usually gets heated pretty quickly. Tangents form quickly.

Asking about people's experiences using Logic is casting a pretty big net. You're going to get a lot of answers, not all of them useful (this one?). I think you nailed it when you asked in your first post: "Could it be that its function doesn't fit my form." I think that may be what it boils down to. Some people like Logic, some DP. Some for valid reasons, others just because.

I'm not trying to discourage you from posting this question. But I would say that, without more specific questions you may just end up with a lot of open ended philosophizing. If you're just taking a survey, though, I guess that would suffice.
Very true. They are both very valid programs with powerful features. They very different in form and function. I think if anyone is really curious, you should try both. It's the only way to really figure it out what you like best. Asking people what they think will just get you the same results if you asked people about two different ice creams favors. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, it's really a personal choice.
dougieb
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by dougieb »

studiodog wrote:You would think MOTU would be behooved to release a free, very stripped down version of DP for evaluation purposes.

Something with, for example, 4 MIDI tracks, a couple of mono and stereo tracks, and two or three plugins. They could even cripple it somehow. Limit it to one minute of sequence length or something.

Come on MOTU, it would help bring more users I think.

They could call it something like "Cakewalk"