No sound during recording/playback - VE Pro 5

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
sschachner
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

No sound during recording/playback - VE Pro 5

Post by sschachner »

Hello,

I just spent hours setting up a template with VE Pro 5 in DP 7.22 with Kontakt 5, Omni and PLAY. Everything is routed multi-out to its own audio track in DP. When I play any loaded patch (in Kontakt or Omni same thing), signal is there, sound is there. When I hit record, sound is gone. And there is no sound when playing back what was just recorded. As soon as it's recording, there is no longer MIDI signal getting to VE Pro but I can press on the notes in MIDI edit window after the fact with the curser and hear them.

What am I missing here? It's got to be something absurdly stupid. I've never had anything like this happen in DP. (Also new to VE Pro)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

DP 7.22
VE Pro 5.1.12337
Mac Pro (2008 8-core)
OSX 10.8.2
12 GB RAM
Sarah Schachner
www.sarahschachner.com
FMiguelez

Re: No sound during recording/playback - VE Pro 5

Post by FMiguelez »

When you record, do you get a soundbite with silence, or can you see the waveform but you can not hear it?

If it's the latter, remember to disengage the Input Monitor button in the DP channel.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
sschachner

Re: No sound during recording/playback - VE Pro 5

Post by sschachner »

Thanks for the response! It was actually when just recording MIDI - not even audio. I ended up figuring it out luckily. If anyone else encounters this, there is a "Seq-1" (or whatever you named your session) pulldown menu in the top right corner of the Vienna Ensemble Pro Event Input box. Both "Run this instance in real-time" and "Default to real-time" must be checked on each Event Input. For some reason the default was unchecked.

Sarah Schachner
www.sarahschachner.com