mixing board auto-scroll to selected track

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
baanes
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

mixing board auto-scroll to selected track

Post by baanes »

There used to be a feature (in DP5) where you could have the mixing board automatically scroll to the track selected in the sequence editor, which made for a nice consolidated layout having one channel strip open while editing. This seems to be gone in DP7, or is it? Can't find it anywhere.
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: mixing board auto-scroll to selected track

Post by bayswater »

If you want to see one channel strip in the consolidated window that shows the track selected in the sequence or MIDI editor, you can use the Channel Strip (rather than the Mixer) in the Sidebar.
2018 Mini i7 32G macOS 12.6, DP 11.32, Mixbus 10, Logic 10.7, Scarlett 18i8
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

bayswater wrote:If you want to see one channel strip in the consolidated window that shows the track selected in the sequence or MIDI editor, you can use the Channel Strip (rather than the Mixer) in the Sidebar.
+1

Personally, I don't use consolidated windows, so I just show/hide the Channel Strip with letter q on a need-to basis.

To the OP: you can also have a simplified version of the channel strip at the Info Bar for every editing window. It will show the currently selected track. Very good for quick broad edits. You set this in the Preferences.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
kwiz

Post by kwiz »

If you go to preferences, select Consolidated Windows and then check "Scroll the Mixing Board to the selection.
Great family and friends!

Mac Studio M2 Max, MacPro 8 core (trashcan), MacBook Pro 16 in 2023, OSX Ventura, DP 11, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Motu 112D, 24Ao, 8M, 896 MKIII, UA Apollo 16, Waves Horizon, Slate Everything Bundle, Plugin Alliance Bundle, UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerator, UAD Apollo Twin.
Native Instruments Komplete 14 Ultimate, Console 1 MKIII w/C1 Fader

"Without struggle, there is no progress"

F. Douglas
baanes
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by baanes »

Thanks, all, for the tips.