What do the red lines represent??

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Hesseman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

What do the red lines represent??

Post by Hesseman »

I'm in the Sequence window, just after I imported audio from a quicktime movie, via the quicktime movie window. It lined up just fine (actually, there was alittle bit of an offset, why?), then when I moved the audio to a different track, even though it was snapped to grid, I had these red lines going through my audio. I'm guessing it's telling me the audio has been shifted from it original time stamp?? But I didn't shift it left or right and the lock button is on on the quicktime player?? Plus the red lines aren't all appearing "before" my grid or "after" they are kinda random looking, could someone explain?? Thanks
studiodog
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by studiodog »

The red lines indicate that the soundbite is a different tempo than the sequence tempo.

They should line up where your beats would be at the tempo the soundbite has assigned to it.

A redline at Measure/Beat 1-1, and at 1-2, 1-3 and so on.
Hesseman

Post by Hesseman »

Ok cool, so the next question is this. How do I get the sequence tempo to match that of my imported audio? To be able to slide the tempo around in the background and not have it affect my audio in the sequence.. Thanks again
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Hesseman wrote:Ok cool, so the next question is this. How do I get the sequence tempo to match that of my imported audio? To be able to slide the tempo around in the background and not have it affect my audio in the sequence.. Thanks again
Do you own a manual? I can try to find the section and tell you where in the manual it is.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Hesseman

Post by Hesseman »

I'm sorry, I lost in my move and am still wondering where it is :(.. I figured it out in the audio drop down menu though.. I guess my final thought, is there a way to slide the tempo in the back and have it not affect the current audio in the sequence?? So it doesn't re-render the current recorded audio to the new adjusted tempo. I'm sure you could manually use the conductor track to do it, but drawing in the new tempo changes might take a bit.. Thanks
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

Last edited by Tritonemusic on Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hesseman

Post by Hesseman »

Awsome!!!