Dear Digi Masters, I need a few easy questions answered..

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Hesseman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Dear Digi Masters, I need a few easy questions answered..

Post by Hesseman »

First appreciate the time your taking to answer these questions for me. I've been a DigiDesign user for awhile and now I'm making the MOTU change.

1) In my sequencer window, is there a way to select my audio track and then have it highlighted in my Soundbites window?? In ProTools, you could click on the Audio Take and it would highlight which one it is in the Soundbites window so you don't have to go searching through the thousands of names when you delete a file from disc.

2) Does Digital Performer only save files as Sound Design II while working in the session? Obviously you can export it to any other format when your done.

3) For some reason, in Rewire mode (Using my Reason Software) Reason won't save the metronome setting from the Digital Performer session after it closes. So evertime I launch Reason with Digital Performer, Digital defaults to the reason metronome, I need it the other way around.

4) Is there a way to adjust the type of Fade Ins and Outs while working in the Sequence Window, besides the standard one that comes up??

Thanks again!!! I owe whoever comes to my aid a cold one. :)
Archer

Post by Archer »

Hi. Some answers:

1) ctrl-alt-command + l = soundbite list
ctrl-alt-command + a = soundbite info
ctrl-alt-command + w = soundbite editor
The soundbites are highlighted.
You can find this in the DP tips list, where Shooshie included it.

2) SDII format

3) I don't have Reason. sorry

4) Sequence Editor: draw a fade like you would do in PT. Move the mouse pointer over the fade line until pointer shows the crossfade symbol. Double-click. A window pops up and you can specify how the fade should be.

Cheers