Found a Recording Lamp compatible with DP..

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Radiogal
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Found a Recording Lamp compatible with DP..

Post by Radiogal »

Maybe old news but I found a Recording Lamp, the Punch Light USB "recording" lamp, compatible with DP, Logic, ProTools etc..

Looks real awesome. From what I could find out it´s using the HUI control surface protocol.

Application modes: Generic HUI, Generic MC and ProTools.

-Does DP still support HUI in DP 7.22?

Has anyone used or tried out the Punch Light USB with DP?
Looks very easy to install and use. I surely would want one!

Would also like to read the Punch Light USB installing manual before buying... :rtfm:

http://www.punchlight.com/?q=node/109

MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com
corbo-billy

Re: Found a Recording Lamp compatible with DP..

Post by corbo-billy »

Interesting ! :dance:
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
cloudsplitter

Post by cloudsplitter »

I just use one of those 3,000,000,000 candle power hand held poaching lights with some red gel over it...it really gets their attention...!! :dance: :dance:
Mac Pro 3,1 8 core 12 gigs ram Mavericks. DP-8.05 Fractal Audio Axe-FX Ultra, motu traveler, motu MIDI express, 2-24" LCD monitors, Yamaha HS80M,Yamaha NS10M's JBL28P monitors. Mackie control universal, BFD-2, Omnisphere,Trilian Ozone 4, Melodyne Studio/Editor, . Alesis Masterlink. Avalon 737sp. PCM 90. MikTek C4V. Korg Triton Extreme. Paul Reed Smith guitars, MPC-2500 there's more..but that's the heart of it.
wabbitguy
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by wabbitguy »

Wow. That's an expensive little solution. I'm also not big on the idea of having to rely on Java software to act as the go between for DP and the Punch Light operation...

Mackie Control protocol is still working just fine in DP 7.22.

Mel
Mac Pro 2.66 | 8 GB RAM | OS 10.7.5 | DP 8 | Apogee Ensemble | ADA8K | SoundCraft LX7 | MC Mix
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

cloudsplitter wrote:I just use one of those 3,000,000,000 candle power hand held poaching lights with some red gel over it...it really gets their attention...!! :dance: :dance:
Ha ha ha!

Let me guess: ... and you call your wife "Deer". :lol:

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

monkey man wrote:
cloudsplitter wrote:I just use one of those 3,000,000,000 candle power hand held poaching lights with some red gel over it...it really gets their attention...!! :dance: :dance:
Ha ha ha!

Let me guess: ... and you call your wife "Deer". :lol:
Toasted "Deer."
If it wasn't so off-topic, I'd mention my new NEBO Redline flashlights, which I've been giving to family and at least a friend or two for Christmas. At 220 lumens on 3 AAA batteries, this awesome pocket-sized LED pure white light can light up an entire yard or focus a spot on a tree several hundred yards away, making it something that just about everyone would be interested in knowing about, but I'd rather respect the subject matter of this thread and not get people off-topic by bringing it up. Besides, they can just Google it or get it from Amazon; no need to discuss it here, and that's why I'm not going to say a word about… doh!
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Just to stay on topic then:

Shoosh, that thing as a recording light could notify the entire neighbourhood! As a bonus, when not thusly employed it could be used to simulate Gotham City from your back yard - just remember to wave it (vertically) gently from side to side and simulate traffic noises...

Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

I'd like to have a combination of the two.. a 6,000 lumen spotlight that fries the talent like the surface of the sun whenever it is time for them to record. If they can sing without being distracted by that, they are true professionals.

RG, it's really cool, but I can't even see how much it costs without becoming a member of their list? Bummer. Guess I'm just not in the mood tonight.
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
Radiogal

Post by Radiogal »

Killahurts wrote: RG, it's really cool, but I can't even see how much it costs without becoming a member of their list? Bummer. Guess I'm just not in the mood tonight.

I just came across this myself and wanted to share it on the MotuNation. That´s all.
About the price index, check "where to buy" and you´ll see links to sellers in different countries/continents. From there you´ll be able to get info about the prices.
MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com
TheHopiWay

Post by TheHopiWay »

Nice product. Look to be only $129 USD. Would love to hear user feedback on software and compatibility in the real world before buying though.
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Killahurts wrote:I'd like to have a combination of the two.. a 6,000 lumen spotlight that fries the talent like the surface of the sun whenever it is time for them to record. If they can sing without being distracted by that, they are true professionals.
Ha ha ha! Too funny, Killa. :lol: