ethnic library

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

jackorhythm
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

ethnic library

Post by jackorhythm »

i need a library for an upcoming project with some believable sitars and such. anything come to mind for m5? how about something w/it's own player or even a roland vs expansion card?

and what of the new motu symphonic library...does it stand up to the others?
cloudy house

Re: ethnic library

Post by cloudy house »

I've got Sonic Reality's WORLD TRAVELER...you can listen to some demos at ilio.com

works great in M5

<><
mark
facebook.com/cloudyhousemusic
jackorhythm

Post by jackorhythm »

thanks mark. a little pricey but i may have to bite the bullet. and it imports easily? i've had trouble importing from akai format.
cloudy house

Post by cloudy house »

yeah that library imported flawlessly for me....G5dual1.8...2.5gigRAM...upgraded version of M5

the ultimate sound bank stuff is pretty good as far a bang for your buck...runs great in mach 5 'cause it's the same engine...ya might find some cheaper sounds from them...i think they're also on ilio.com

<><
mark
facebook.com/cloudyhousemusic
BigEcat

Post by BigEcat »

I've been using ethnic library for a while now and am really happy with its sounds. In the end what matters with these libraries is how well they sound, if you settle for something less expensive, chances are you'll regret not going up in price for a better sound. Also I've found with these samples that so many of them sound so nice that I use them all the time, so I've definitely gotten bang for my buck. Hope this helps.
G4 Dual 1.25/2x80 gig HD/2gig ram/ OS10.4.11/DP6.1/828 MKII/UA-2-610/Mach 5-2/MX4/Waves Musican & Native Power Pack/Atmosphere/Stormdrum/Stylus RMX/Guitar Rig 3/Lots of samples/+7 cats
jackorhythm

Post by jackorhythm »

i just looked at the 2 sites and i'll say that the sonic reality looks more comprehensive. the usb stuff seems to be more sampled phrases than individual samples that i can load and play with but their prices are right. i'm not sure which "ethnic library" he meant when BigEcat said "I've been using ethnic library for a while now and am really happy with its sounds". can you clarify?

thanks
croftish

Post by croftish »

I've been using RA from East West with DP 4.52 since it became available. A bit expensive (£600) but very very good. It comes with it's own player. Check out the demos on the site...
http://www.soundsonline.com/ :D
------------

G5 8 Core DP 7.1 OSX Snow Leopard 13GB RAM DP + Bidule
VI's : RA / MX 4 / V-Station / NI Complete/ Mach 5 / Arturia MiniMoog V / EWQLSO Gold / GPO / Stylus / Atmosphere
Also using lots of Giga libraries (VSL / SAM / MV) via GS3 on PC running MidiOverLan and Remote Desktop
jackorhythm

Post by jackorhythm »

thanks. i have heard about RA from another composer friend but the cost is really prohibitive right now. it does put some perspective on the $150 for the world traveler collection which is quickly becoming a frontrunner. i have to make a move soon so any other suggestions are welcome.
BigEcat

Post by BigEcat »

Sorry man, I had brain lock. When I said ethnic library, I meant to say World Traveler. Get it, you won't be sorry. Also if you looking at World Instruments in the woodwind vain look at ilio's World Winds, they••™re great.
BigEcat.
G4 Dual 1.25/2x80 gig HD/2gig ram/ OS10.4.11/DP6.1/828 MKII/UA-2-610/Mach 5-2/MX4/Waves Musican & Native Power Pack/Atmosphere/Stormdrum/Stylus RMX/Guitar Rig 3/Lots of samples/+7 cats
pinky

Post by pinky »

Originally posted by jackorhythm:
thanks. i have heard about RA from another composer friend but the cost is really prohibitive right now. it does put some perspective on the $150 for the world traveler collection which is quickly becoming a frontrunner. i have to make a move soon so any other suggestions are welcome.
No other suggestions, but I demoed RA this week and think it is well worth the price ($800 US). But I'll have to get a client to spring for it if they want it on their project.
jackorhythm

Post by jackorhythm »

thanks for the advice you guys. i got world traveler today. it imported into m5 FLAWLESSLY! nothing has ever been so easy. a lot of the sounds seem really good although i'm not so wild about the many of the string instruments. the flutes, bagpipes, percussion, accordians, harmoniums, brass, hammer dulcimers- all good. we start our project next week so we'll see how it works.
thedeepcuts

Post by thedeepcuts »

Personally I think the world traveller is pretty nice. some of those samples made it over into other producs I think.

I'm not sure, but I think a lot of those samples are built into sampletank 2 and some are even in sonicsynth 2... worth looking into