How is Mach 5 bundled library?

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

emulatorloo
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

How is Mach 5 bundled library?

Post by emulatorloo »

Antares tells me I need to get an iLok in order to use the latest iterations of their plug-ins.

Being cheap, I would almost rather buy a new software package that comes with iLok than spend 40.00 to buy an iLok by itself, as long as the software is something I could use.

So that makes Mach 5 or MX 4 an option for me. However, MX 4 kinda leaves me cold. . .

OTOH I am drowning in Samplers and soft samplers.

So the purchase would be on the basis of the library that ships w Mach 5. . .

Any impressions, tips, etc?
emulatorloo

Re: How is Mach 5 bundled library?

Post by emulatorloo »

Originally posted by linwood:
I wouldn't buy it for it's lib of sounds. that's one thing they need to get together for it...a huge library please!
Thanks - that helps a lot . . . given my situation w way too many softsamplers/samplers, I'll just bite the bullet and get an iLok w/o any new fun software.
RhythmRmixd

Post by RhythmRmixd »

If there was one thing I would buy it for, it would be the effects it ships with. I think Machfive has some of the coolest effects that will warp the hell out of any sound the way you want it to. You can use 136 different effects in a single instance of M5, which is pretty impressive too.
PowerMac G5 Dual 2.5 / 4.5 GB RAM
OSX.4.11 DP 5.13
chrispick
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by chrispick »

Although the library sounds bundled in M5 aren't that great an incentive to buy it, they're not exactly useless either. For instance, you get a lite GM library which is nice to have online in a multi-timbral way. A few other goodies that may or may not float your boat.

I use that stuff from time to time, though often in a supplementary fashion.
Flare

Post by Flare »

People should buy M5 for it's strengths as a VS (virtual sampler), and not as a "sound library"... The sounds that come with it, while decent for many people, I found pretty mediocre. That said, it's got a good basic cross section of assets that would fill the plate of anyone getting into the sampling realm for the first time.