peanut butter in my chocolate

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
ze3b
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

peanut butter in my chocolate

Post by ze3b »

I recorded some rhythm tracks the other day, guitar, stand up bass and a scratch vocal. I would have preferred instruments only but guitarist needs to sing to keep his time. whatever. Bleed is good sometimes. I don't have a lot of bleed but some. So then I notice a bass note really off the beat. so I use the slip tool to move it on beat. Well, no I have a little phasing, there is just enough of the vocal in the bass to mess it up.

any ideas on how to remove the vocal artifacts and leave the bass full bandwidth intact?
Dwetmaster
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Dwetmaster »

Can'T you EQ out the bass note?
MacPro 8Core 2.8GHZ 16GB RAM OSX10.8.3
MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 2011 OSX10.8.3
896mk3, BLA Modded 896HD, BLA Microclock, MTP-AV, Yamaha KX-8, CME VX-7 Mackie Ctrl, megadrum, Presonus C-S,
DP8.04, Bidule, M5 3, Ethno 2, BPM 1.5 Kontakt4, BFD2, SD2, Omnisphere, Wave Arts P-S5, Altiverb7, PSP VW & OldTimer, VB3, Ivory 2 Grand, True Pianos, Ozone 5, Reason 4, AmpliTube3, Bla bla bla...
A few El & Ac basses & Guitars, Hammond A-100.
dogBoy
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by dogBoy »

His vocal bleed into the Bass mic, not his guitar, also? Electric Guitar,maybe?
I'd try to grab the same bass note from a place in the song where he is not singing and replace the badly timed one.

Some people get very touchy about there performance "I meant to be out of time".

I don't think you can keep full bandwidth, fix the problem and have your cake too.

Plus, if your just engineering, the performance problem is on the performer... now if your producing, that a different issue.

Good luck with this problem
http://www.spoonwood.net
http://www.davidgennaro.com

2.16 Intel Core 2 Duo, 10.4.11, 3gigs ram, Ultralite 2 (good Box),Bunch of FireWire Drives, guitars guitars guitars, plugins plugins , mostly use Kontakt3