Any one here have/use the M-Audio USB Audiophile ?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
midiw
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Any one here have/use the M-Audio USB Audiophile ?

Post by midiw »

I am trying out an M-Audio USB Audiophile.

When I am using DP or any other MIDI/audio sequencer I can get audio in and out. I use Anolog IN/OUT.

However

with computer on ( but not signed into a MIDI/audio sequencer ) or with computer off and just playing my keyboard I can not get any audio through headset or external speakers. All sound levels are turned up at the audiophile and keyboard and external speakers.

Is this the way your M-Audio USB Audiophile works?
Mac OS: Mojave
baanes
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by baanes »

The audiophile doesn't have any sort of internal mixer that would allow it to run standalone and route inputs to outputs. So it won't do anything while your computer is off.

If you can't get an app such as iTunes to play through it check your audio/MIDI setup and make sure the audiophile is set as the default output.
midiw
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by midiw »

Thank you for your reply/info confirming for me that
this hardware is only for input/output audio/MIDI to a computer and not as a stand alone mixer for routing audio/MIDI.

I thought I was going nuts trying to use it as a stand alone. The book that comes with the unit does not make that clear

It works fine with the computer.
Mac OS: Mojave