Micro Lite not showing in DP

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
TopoTony
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Micro Lite not showing in DP

Post by TopoTony »

Hi. I've had this MIDI interface for SO many years, and it's been flawless. However, in the last day DP nor any other DAW are detecting it. My Audio/MIDI setup on the Mac shows it as offline. However, the fron led is on and it shows that it is receiving an input from my Nord controller keyboard.

The Mac's system report shows it as present on the USB bus, but DP nor Logic see the device. I did not update or upgrade any software on this mac, including  DP, since it was last working fine.  

I downloaded and installed your MOTU USB MIDI System Extension, but no change. There does not seem to be any settings for that extension.   Could the unit have failed, even tho it's computer I/O led is on, and it's getting a MIDI input?  Still, tho, the fact that the audio/MIDI setup shows it's offline is a clue. Thanks for any help.

OR; if the Micro Lite has "bricked", what is a good option for getting my original Nord Piano connected to the Mac/DP?