Presonus Studio 1824c interface not working with DP11 (MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1) RESOLVED

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
platzap
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Presonus Studio 1824c interface not working with DP11 (MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1) RESOLVED

Post by platzap »

I was successfully using this presonus usb interface with DP10 and earlier MacOS - now with new mac, new os, and latest DP11 it no longer lets me record - no input signals seen. DP11 sees the connection and lets me choose the 1824c in hardware setup. output from DP11 to the Presonus works fine - I can listen thru the presonus to dp11 projects. I just cant get any input signal. Presonus's Universal Control sees the input signals ...so I know they get to my mac..they just dont get to DP11.

DP11 issue, Presonus Issue, Mac OS issue ?

why does every "upgrade" do this to me/us?

ditch the presonus audio interface and get something else? - i need to be able to record 6 tracks at a time
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Presonus Studio 1824c interface not working with DP11 (MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1)

Post by mikehalloran »

I don't know if there is a driver among the "tools" in the download on this page.

https://legacy.presonus.com/products/St ... /downloads

If so, a new Mac needs to have security settings changed to Reduced Security before 3rd party drivers to install and load correctly.
https://software.owc.com/knowledge-base ... e-silicon/

Once you have rebooted from the above, you can install your drivers.

Once drivers are installed, you have a 30 minute window to add them under the ecurity and Privacy panel under System Settings. This bulletin is from MOTU but it applies generally. There are two parts—the top applies to Ventura and Sonoma.
https://motu.com/techsupport/technotes/ ... igh-sierra

Not all USB-C cables support USB-2 as required for audio interfaces that aren't Thunderbolt. The cables that came with your 1824c will. Otherwise, find a USB Printer Cable on Amazon, available in all configurations. USB-C is a plug, not a protocol.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
platzap
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by platzap »

Thank you Mike for your assistance! It turns out that you were close to the solution that ultimately I got from Caleb at Motu. I was guided to go to the MAC system settings Privacy & Security and then look specifically at Microphone - there I found DP with the button in the off position. I clicked that to On and now I get input signals!! So..pretty weird under the hood stumbling block but we have success and wanted to share that issue/solution in case it happens to someone else.
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

platzap wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:25 am (I) wanted to share that issue/solution in case it happens to someone else.
It happens to a significant subset of everyone else.

Thanks for responding and reporting!

James, maybe we should have a sticky on the site re: Enable the Mic
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

The “Microphone Setting” strikes again.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 RC1, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!