PCI 424 resources issue

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
Steve Fundy
Primary DAW OS: Windows

PCI 424 resources issue

Post by Steve Fundy »

Hello All,
I am new here and have been using MOTU 2408 & MK 2 interface for a number of years. Recently the PCIe-424 card went bad and took my system down. I figured out my PC wouldn't boot because of that card. I replaced it with a PCI 424 I had, and all was well. I went to use the machine a few days later, and the 2048 & MK ll wouldn't sync to the host. After much poking around I discovered that the PCI 424 has an error message in Device Manager. "Not Enough Resources" Code 12. I know what this means, but I can't figure out how to find the offending other device that is blocking the PCI 424 from getting an IRQ. I used to know how to fix this sort of issue in Win XP but not in Win 10. Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve
NoFi Audio

Re: PCI 424 resources issue

Post by NoFi Audio »

Do you know what the 424 is conflicting with? It could be as simple as pulling both cards (sort of difficult if its a GPU), re-booting, shutting down and installing the 424 first. Get that configured and the reinstall the other device.

This doesn't get very far though if the conflicting device is part of the motherboard.

I think to resolve this you need to identify what the 424 is running in to.
AMD Ryzen 9 5950, ASUS Crosshair VIII, 64Gb, Samsung EVO 980 NVMe, Nvidia 3080 GFX

MOTU 828 MKII (x2)
MOTU 2408 MKI (x2)
Mackie 24/8

IBM, Dell, Sharp, Lenovo factory authorized tech
Steve Fundy

Post by Steve Fundy »

Thanks for the reply. Yes, exactly, but there are no other cards plugged in, so it's a MOBO conflict. I cannot figure out how to determine what it is. Everything was OK with the PCIe 424, but it crapped out. There was no conflict. What's really odd is that I replaced the bad card with the PCI 424 and it worked fine for one session, then after restarting some days later, the trouble arose.
Thanks, Steve
CharlzS

Post by CharlzS »

Have you checked the BIOS for PCI/PCIe settings? There's usually some stuff in there re how the slots are configured, i.e. timing, speed. Have you tried moving slots (if another PCI available)? Either that or remove the card, restart without the card in, stutdown and reinstall the card? The days are long gone where you can manually configure interrupts, ports and DMA.
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
Steve Fundy

Post by Steve Fundy »

Hi, Yes I looked at BIOS but couldn't find anything that was pertinent to the allotment of resources. I have tried all of the other things you suggested as well. I probably will check the BIOS again next time I turn that machine on.
Thanks,
Steve