Routing outboards/828mk3 Hybrid

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
jonatanberg
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Routing outboards/828mk3 Hybrid

Post by jonatanberg »

Hi!

I am trying to set up an 828 mkiii Hybrid as a sound interface for my Mac M1 with Logic.
I have an idea of what I want to achieve but am open on how to route to get there.
The main problem I am stuck with is the routing of external gear through the analog in/outs on the rear.

What I want:

- Mic 1 to be used solely as a mono vocal input. Perhaps be able to send it to an external stereo multi fx but be able to or not to record the fx (just the dry vox).
- Mic 2 (inst 2) to be used solely as a guitar input. I want to have the signal split so that I can record one DI and the other goes to outboard gear such as pedals, guitar preamps and stereo effects. It would be great if I can have 2 or more preamps to switch between and same with the effect processors. I only want to hear the ”outboard signal”, but record them both.
- Be able to record the Mic 1 (vox) and Inst 2 (guitar) at the same time.

Some of my outboards have Bypass mode available which makes it possible to put them in chain on the same in/outs to save channels.

What would be a good way to insert my outboards and how do I set ut up on cue mix?

Cheers!