Plug-in Updates Sticky Topic

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
monkey man
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Plug-in Updates Sticky Topic

Post by monkey man »

labman wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:25 am
monkey man wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:07 pm
I found out at GearSpace that apparently they are different 'cause v3 is a single synth at a time and v4 is "dual".

So, it would appear that we need to run both at once to derive maximum value for money.

Thank you MM for doing the recon!
My pleasure mate. :D

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
mikehalloran

Re: UVI Synth Anthology 4

Post by mikehalloran »

monkey man wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:07 pm UVI's Synth Anthology 3 is now upgradable to SA4 for $49 US.

What I'd love to know is whether the existing SA3 presets were all replaced or simply added-to. IOW, if you purchase the upgrade, do you still run SA3 as well or is nothing lost by removing it?

Also, the product page says Mac OS X 10.14 to macOS 13.
Would it run on High Sierra 10.13.6 but just not be "supported"?

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Runs in UVI Workstation version 3.1.11+, and Falcon version 2.8.5+

COMPATIBILITY
Supported Formats: Audio Unit, AAX, VST, VST3, Standalone
Tested and Certified in: Digital Performer 8+, Pro Tools 2019+, Logic Pro X+, Cubase 7+, Nuendo 6+, Ableton Live 8+, Studio One 2+, Garage Band 6+, Maschine 1+, Tracktion 4+, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5+, Reaper 4+, Sonar X3+, MainStage 3, MuLab 5.5+, FL Studio, Bitwig 1+, Reason 9.5+
DP 8 got me thinking. The current version of UVI Workstation version is 3.1.12 and Falcon is 2.8.6. If either of these runs on your High Sierra machine, you should be good to go, Since UVI Workstation is free, anyone should be able to download that and test.

As for myself, I have no use for Synth Anthology 4… right now or for the immediate future… Of course, I sprung for the upgrade because those darned crystal balls are so unreliable and I don't wish to pay more when/if that day comes, right?

Although it was in my email, too, I discard most of those without reading, same as James. Thanks for the heads up!
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
James Steele
Site Administrator

Boz Digital Plus 10db updated from 2.0.9 to 2.0.10

Post by James Steele »

Another silent update from Boz. No email about it or anything. I found it because I periodically check my user area and with PlugInfo app and my browser both open, painstakingly compare version numbers. I can't find a changelog so not sure what was done.

https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product/ ... ressor-v2/

One thing I noticed while over there is Boz is blowing out a lot of plugs right now. Plus 10db 2 is $29 now if I recall. Not sure what to make of it.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta 4, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Rogue Amoeba Fission updated to 2.8.4

Post by James Steele »

https://rogueamoeba.com/fission/
FISSION 2.8.4
Released on September 8, 2023

Initial Support for MacOS 14 (Sonoma)
Fission now has initial compatibility with the forthcoming MacOS 14 (Sonoma).

New “Permissions” Window
The “Fission” menu now includes a new “Permissions” window, to assist in enabling “Full Disk Access” permissions, which can enhance performance when working with external drives.

Fission’s bundled version of FLAC has been updated to 1.4.2.

Tabbing through the “Insert Silence” option’s field now cycles between all four sections, fixing an issue for VoiceOver users.

The “Title” field in the Inspector’s “Tags” tab is no longer one pixel out of alignment.

Fission’s “About” box now shows what version of MacOS the app is running on.

Fission now requires MacOS 11 (Big Sur) or higher. If you're still on 10.15 (or lower), be sure to see our Legacy Software page.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta 4, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Wavesequencer (Tracktion) Theia just appeared in my downloads

Post by James Steele »

So I launched the Tracktion Download Manager app to check if I have any updates (to Biotek, Abyss, Collective, etc.) and noticed that I had one "Not installed" product. Tracktion added "Theia" to my products. I went to their website and it's in my downloads. However, I know I did not purchase this. I'm suspicious this is a "stealth" Free Trial and I'm not in the mood to install trial software only to remove it later.

I wrote to Tracktion support for clarification. Anyway, I'll pass along what I find out if anyone else is in the same situation.

James Steele
Site Administrator

UADx Plugin Updates Today

Post by James Steele »

Just ran UA Connect and looks like there is a system extension update for UADx and updates to all their plug ins (at least the ones I own).

I have NO idea if this might improve the stability situation, but one can hope.

Also the dbx160 is the next native plug to be released.

James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: UADx Plugin Updates Today

Post by James Steele »

James Steele wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:59 pm Just ran UA Connect and looks like there is a system extension update for UADx and updates to all their plug ins (at least the ones I own).

I have NO idea if this might improve the stability situation, but one can hope.

Also the dbx160 is the next native plug to be released.
GET READY FOR A ROUGH RIDE! (YMMV)

Don't know if this is an Apple Silicon thing or what, but this reminds me of when UADx were first released. I have several UADx plugs (perhaps all?) because I bought the Ultimate 11 bundle on sale a while back. I have crashed 10 times so far trying to get to a point where DP launches twice cleanly without "Gathering Info." In fact the initial AU validation is fine. It's on subsequent launches during DP's proprietary "Gathering Info" on the plugins phase, that it can't get all the way through the updated UADx plugs without crashing. I know eventually get them all to scan and I'll get through this. Happened last time. But what a pain!

For comparison, I launched Logic Pro X 10.7.9 and it steadily scanned all the updated UADx plugs without a hitch. For whatever reason it seems DP and UADx do not play nice together. I have reported this to MOTU. They need to put their heads together with UA and sort this out. :shock:

James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: UADx Plugin Updates Today

Post by James Steele »

Okay… just to wrap this up. I tried a different strategy because simply launching DP over and over was not letting me get completely through the “Gathering Info” process on all the updated UADx plugins.

What I did instead is when I was fortunate to get just *one* successful launch I went into the Audio Plugins prefs and found several “failed” UADx AU plugs. That surprised me as when I first launched DP after updating UADx, the AU validation window appeared and it seemed to go through all the plugs. That validation is what I assume the “failed” status applies to, not DP’s “Gathering Info” process.

So I “re-examined” a handful of plugs at a time, then reinitialized MAS and let it “Gather Info” I suppose on fewer plugs at a time. I can’t be sure. It still crashed once but I did get though it. Something ain’t right. I don’t know if it’s just me, but don’t think so.

HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

I bought the Native UAD 1176 collection. All run great on my M1/DP11 as long as I use the VST3 versions. The AU versions self-immolate after a single launch within DP; they somehow get themselves marked as "FAILED" after one instantiation.
HC Markus
M1 Mac Studio Ultra • 64GB RAM • 828es • macOS 13.6.4 • DP 11.31
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Ahhh that's interesting info. Hasn't happened to me. Have you updated them today? I think the problem is if DP has to "gather info" on them en masse, it will crash. This is definitely something MOTU needs to sort out.

James Steele
Site Administrator

Native Instruments Updates: K7 and some instruments

Post by James Steele »

Native Instruments Updates: K7 and some instruments

Run Native Access.

Updates released for:
• Kontak7 - v7.6.0
• Analog Dreams - v2.1.1
• Ethereal Earth - v2.1.0
• Hybrid Keyes - v2.1.0

James Steele
Site Administrator

iZotope updates Vinyl from 1.11.0 to 1.12.0

Post by James Steele »

Not much to see here I think. Just Apple Silicon support for AAX. Not sure if AU was also native before?

James Steele
Site Administrator

Audio Hijack updated from 4.2.2 to 4.2.3

Post by James Steele »

Audio Hijack updated from 4.2.2 to 4.2.

Not a plugin, but I'm sure a lot of us use this.
Updated in Audio Hijack 4.2.3:

• Initial Support for MacOS 14 (Sonoma)
Audio Hijack now has initial compatibility with the forthcoming MacOS 14 (Sonoma), with no known issues.

• Improvements in ACE 11.9.4
The Audio Capture Engine (ACE) has been updated to 11.9.4, with compatibility for MacOS 14 (Sonoma), correct capture of audio from Xcode Playgrounds, and many smaller improvements for even more reliable audio capture.

• Nextiva VoIP Capture Support
The Nextiva desktop app is now supported as a VoIP audio source, making it easy to record both halves of a conversation.

• New “Permissions” Window
The “Audio Hijack” menu now includes a new “Permissions” window, to easily enable the “Microphone Access” permissions. These permissions are required for Audio Hijack to capture audio from microphones and other input devices you specify.

• An unexpected bug where “Parametric EQ” could incorrectly apply its effect to audio in a parallel chain has been fixed.

• The interface for “Parametric EQ” now updates correctly when selecting a preset with a different number of bands.

• Audio Unit plugins built with the iPlug2 SDK, including Neural Amp Modeller, should now have correct mouse responsiveness.
• Plugins that require a non-null value for the “name” key in their restored preferences should now work as expected.

• Tag fields in the Inspector window now correctly update when switching between recordings after a recent edit.

• Minor adjustments have been made to global shortcuts in the “Settings” window, to provide better tooltips and a correct cancel (X) button.

• A rare VoiceOver issue with the “Template Chooser” has been fixed, to avoid an exception being raised when tabbing through the window.

James Steele
Site Administrator

PSP Audioware Lexicon PSP42 updated from 2.0 to 2.0.1

Post by James Steele »

PSP Audioware Lexicon PSP42 updated from 2.0 to 2.0.1

PSP updated their PSP42 plugin. This is the newer AS-native version... not the legacy obviously. :)
FIXES:
1. Infinity mode allows set delay by buttons up/down pressing - fixed
2. Audio glitches or crash for sample rate bigger than 96kHz - fixed
3. Wet signal level different for sample rate bigger than 48kHz - fixed
4. Different signal level after switching to DLYx2 mode - fixed
5. The 'Manual' parameter with too low filtering - fixed
6. Floating loop point for reverse and bounce directions - fixed
7. Logic Pro (macOS only) pink screen when editing values - fixed

HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

HCMarkus wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:24 pm I bought the Native UAD 1176 collection. All run great on my M1/DP11 as long as I use the VST3 versions. The AU versions self-immolate after a single launch within DP; they somehow get themselves marked as "FAILED" after one instantiation.
Apparently, I lied. Then VST3 version of one of the UA 1176 ran fine within a project, but when attempting to re-open the saved file, DP crashed repeatedly. Disabling the UA 1176 VST3 restored things to copasetic.

I'll try the AU when I have a chance.
HC Markus
M1 Mac Studio Ultra • 64GB RAM • 828es • macOS 13.6.4 • DP 11.31