Yamaha 02R with a 112D.

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
KayJay59
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Yamaha 02R with a 112D.

Post by KayJay59 »

Hi everyone. First time using this Forum and First time using Motu product 112D.
Due to the situation most of us are in (COVID) i am now working from home. I come from the world of Analogue. That nice warm, cozy, sweet warmth you get from 2 inch tape. YEP, I'm still using it along with old school patch bays and ancient outboard gear that all the knobs have fell off of. I have now been thrust into the Digital world and i am gonna be honest.......I have Noooooooooo idea what i am doing.........yet. It's a learning curve that i know will be difficult for me (Motu routing). So, now you know who you are dealing with and, i have just discovered cassette tapes. (Devils work. to much hiss, can't beat a Revox A77) I have a 112D that i need a digital mixing desk for.
I have the chance of getting a 02R (cheap) that has 3 CD8 AT's in. My question is, will this desk work with the 112D? Most modern Digital desk's are a bit too cold sounding for me and the 02R which i have used before is a lot WARMER to my ears so i would prefer an older style desk.
Thank you in advance
KayJay.

Set Up.
Z97 asus wifi ac
Thunderbolt 2 add-on card (PCIE)
WIN 10 PRO
2 M.2 SSD'S (PCIE SLOTS)
PRO TOOLS (Petulant child)
SONAR PLATINUM (Get's on with anybody)
MOTU 112D (Hates me)
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Yamaha 02R with a 112D.

Post by HCMarkus »

KayJay59 wrote:I have the chance of getting a 02R (cheap) that has 3 CD8 AT's in. My question is, will this desk work with the 112D?
Yes! You'll want to clock the 112 to the 02R.