DSP Quattro 5.1 is here...

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
cuttime
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DSP Quattro 5.1 is here...

Post by cuttime »

Batch processing is back!
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
mikehalloran

Re: DSP Quattro 5.1 is here...

Post by mikehalloran »

Ha!

It was my plan to reactivate it on my iMac Pro so I went in this morning to download whatever was sitting in my account. I didn't notice it was now 5.1 and the additional functionality—nor would I had I not seen this.

Thanks for the heads up!

:dance:

Had to go back and find the release notes:

Version 5.1: 19.06.29:

⁃ New: BatchProcessor, very much more powerful respect the one of v4.
⁃ New: no need to save the Project in advance before to work with it
⁃ New: new command on the audio file editor to save your edits replacing the source audio file on MacOS file system, outside the Project, with only one mouse click.
⁃ New: ISRC codes embedded in WAV files are fully supported
⁃ New: import/export of audio files in FLAC format (only HighSierra or newer)
⁃ New: it is now possible to rename audio file and other items on the Documents list by right-mouse clicking.
⁃ New: Zoom In/Out on the position of the mouse pointer: keeping the control key pressed while using the mouse scroll-wheel, DSP-Quattro does a zoom In/Out around the position of the mouse pointer and not around the Playback cursor
⁃ New: Playback Cursor Follow OFF or Follow Next Screen options
⁃ New: row selection on AudioCDLayout Audio Region and CD-Track tables has been revisited and improved. It is now possible to click on the Speaker on a row of both tables to jump to that AudioRegion/CD-Track starting the playback.
⁃ New: additional options on Preferences
⁃ New: recording mode has been revisited. New MonoLeft and MonoRight options for mono new recordings.
⁃ AudioCDLayout graphic engine is drastically faster redrawing when shifting AudioRegions, setting cross-fades, trimming AudioRegion start/end.
⁃ AudioCDLayout PDF Sheet has been revisited.
⁃ fixed a potential un-compatibility closing some AU plug-ins causing a crash.
⁃ code optimization and bug fixing
⁃ compiled using the Apple SDK for MacOS 10.14 Mojave, tested also in dark mode.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

It took me some futzing around to find the batch processing. It's in the Document Manager on the left. R-click on a file to add it to the Batch Processor. Time for a manual update!
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I have ver 4. Is 5 a paid update? I can only find the demo download and no place to enter a license code. Help!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:I have ver 4. Is 5 a paid update? I can only find the demo download and no place to enter a license code. Help!
Yes, only paid. Stefano offered it on sale last year for $39, I think, and I jumped on it. The regular upgrade from 4 to 5 is $99. There's always the demo...
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I think I got ver 4 cheap. I never use it...
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
jlaudon

Post by jlaudon »

The Batch processing function is great to have now that the Audiofile Engineering apps seem to have disappeared...
MacBook Pro 2021 (M1 Ultra) with 64 gigs RAM. DP 11.23
dix

Post by dix »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:I have ver 4. Is 5 a paid update? I can only find the demo download and no place to enter a license code. Help!
This is a nice update to a very capable app, but I still prefer and use DSP Quattro 4 99% of the time. 5.1 at least lets you edit files without having to create a new project, but it's still way more complicated than it needs to be for most things I use it for. 4 feels like a handy utility, compared to to 5, which seems more for large complicated operations. I sure miss Peak :(

And, yeah. The website is confusing! After you pay for the upgrade the download should appear in Your Licenses in the User Area (not in the Download area)
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

dix wrote:
This is a nice update to a very capable app, but I still prefer and use DSP Quattro 4 99% of the time. 5.1 at least lets you edit files without having to create a new project, but it's still way more complicated than it needs to be for most things I use it for. 4 feels like a handy utility, compared to to 5, which seems more for large complicated operations. I sure miss Peak :(

And, yeah. The website is confusing! After you pay for the upgrade the download should appear in Your Licenses in the User Area (not in the Download area)
Maybe you needed to do a refresh. 5.10 does appear in my licences list.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Random items...

The upgrade price is $49. It is the new license that is $99.
https://www.dsp-quattro.com/dspquattro/Site/store.html

Since it is 32 bit, DSP-Q 4.x cannot run 64 bit only plugins if that’s a thing for you.

I did a few large projects in DSP-Q 5 over the last few months and am quite used to the workflow now. Now that I have the hang of it, I find it fast and easy and can’t believe I’ll ever fire up DSP-Q 4 ever again. A few things are not intuitive but it’s a matter of knowing where to look — thank goodness there’s a manual, now.

I only did batch processing in 4 once just to see how it worked — very well but I preferred TwistedWave which has been 64 but for a long time. I’ll give 5.1 a shakedown at some point to see if that changes. TW is so easy for that task.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

I haven't even downloaded this update but it solves 99% of my issues with DSPQ5, I'm pretty happy!

Mouse wheel zoom, batch processing, and not having to save a project on opening a WAV or AIFF file is great! :headbang:
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
sdaino

Post by sdaino »

Hello,

I see that you are talking about DSP-Quattro 5.1, maybe this can help:

There are dozens of little and major new things and improvements, the most important are addressing three major matters:

• New: BatchProcessor, very much more powerful respect the one of v4.

• New: no need to save the Project in advance before to work with it

• New: new command on the audio file editor to save your edits replacing the source audio file on MacOS file system, outside the Project, with only one mouse click.

The last feature listed above allows to load an audio file on the AudioEditorView, do some edits, and save the edits back on the source file on MacOS finder exactly as doing "Save" when working with v4.

To see the BatchProcessor, just click on the Batch button on top of the Project main view. To load files over there, just drag the files from the MacOS finder or from the Document Table over the BatchProcessor table, DSP-Quattro will load them on the BatchProcessor and you will be ready to go.

The update of the user manual will be available shortly. I'm also preparing a video tutorial about using it and about what's new in version 5.1.

Version 5.1 is a free upgrade for all 5.x registered users. The full archive is into the user area, just log-in and go to "YourLicenses", your last full version of DSP-Quattro is always there. It does not require re-authorization, of course.

For users registered to previous 1.x, 2.x, 3.x , 4.x versions of DSP-Quattro, the upgrade to version 5.x is available for 49US$ at our web store.

If you have questions, doubts, requirements or if you will need assistance, do not hesitate to write to me at support@dsp-quattro.com

Thanks!
Stefano Daino
http://www.dsp-quattro.com
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

I was just using the batch processor in v4 yesterday. Nice to see this is added. Will download the update now!!
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

dix wrote:This is a nice update to a very capable app, but I still prefer and use DSP Quattro 4 99% of the time. 5.1 at least lets you edit files without having to create a new project, but it's still way more complicated than it needs to be for most things I use it for. 4 feels like a handy utility, compared to to 5, which seems more for large complicated operations. I sure miss Peak :(
[/quote]

I bought 5 but use 4 (every day) so I don't have to create a project. I use it a lot to generate DDP files, mp3's etc for distribution and the project step is unnecessary for me. Can I do that in 5.1 without creating a project? I'm on the road, but will try it when I get home.
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
dix

Post by dix »

I don't even know. I feel bad saying it because the developer is so diligent and clearly put a lot of work into it, but I avoid using DSP Quattro 5.1 entirely. I get annoyed and hit workflow roadblocks whenever I try to use it. Version 4 is still great though.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com