Alternatives to DSP Quattro

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
sdaino
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Alternatives to DSP Quattro

Post by sdaino »

Tonio wrote: I wonder if there is a way to change the user name that I received many years ago, that Stefano's system pushes out .
yes of course! Just let me know @support the user name you wish to use, I'll change it immediately! :D

I apologise if the process looks to be not user-friendly. When you need, or if you don't get any automatic reply from our mail server - as license files - please do not wait to write to me at support@dsp-quattro.com. It happens that domains like earthlink.net reject e-mails generated automatically by our server. Maybe it is the encrypted license file which is attached, I don't know why it should happen.

Thank you for your interest in DSP-Quattro,

Stefano Daino
http://www.dsp-quattro.com
waxman

Post by waxman »

Stefano returned my email within a few minutes and helped me through the install of V5 which was a problem with Digital River. Stefano's support has always been excellent for years.
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
dix

Post by dix »

I guess I'll stop whining and just wade in and buy the upgrade. It's always nice to see developers being proactive and, as importantly, contributing to motunation! That alone makes it worth any potential inconvenience. Thanks Stephano.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
dix

Post by dix »

...um, actually I didn't have any problem at all downloading and applying the license :oops: . The Installation Guide in the user area are for v4 and don't apply precisely to v5. Other than that it was pretty straight forward for me.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
waxman

Post by waxman »

The problem was with Digital River...
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

waxman wrote:The problem was with Digital River...
Partly, yes, and it's a company "owned by Digital River" and that needs to be fixed. I bet we've all made enough purchases from Digital River to know this behavior is not normal.

The other part of the problem was the lack of complete instructions once you cleared the purchasing hurdle.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
dix

Post by dix »

Again, I used PayPal and didn't have any problem or notice anything that much different or harder to navigate than other check out processes. The only counterintuitive thing was that my user name, somehow, is my actual name with a space between the first and last name.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

dix wrote:Again, I used PayPal and didn't have any problem or notice anything that much different or harder to navigate than other check out processes. The only counterintuitive thing was that my user name, somehow, is my actual name with a space between the first and last name.
Ok... I used PayPal, too.

Did you use PayPal directly or did you click on the links through the website and have to go through Digital River?
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

I use DSP-Q every day. I have read for years about Stefano's prompt relies to emails. I wrote him several times over the years and never received one response.

Judging by the auth/install horror stories I think I'll wait awhile for this upgrade.
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

philbrown wrote:I use DSP-Q every day. I have read for years about Stefano's prompt relies to emails. I wrote him several times over the years and never received one response.

Judging by the auth/install horror stories I think I'll wait awhile for this upgrade.
That's very odd. There must be some sort of problem between your email domain and his, not talking, or rejecting, etc.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

bayswater wrote:
philbrown wrote:I use DSP-Q every day. I have read for years about Stefano's prompt relies to emails. I wrote him several times over the years and never received one response.

That's very odd. There must be some sort of problem between your email domain and his, not talking, or rejecting, etc.
Well, all I can say is I don't have any other email issues with any other individuals or companies and I don't have a spam folder where anything could disappear to, etc. At any rate, I gave up trying to contact him despite having persistent (minor) bugs with V4. I'll buy V5 eventually, just waiting for the dust to settle a bit. V5 does look more visually appealing. Honestly 90% of the features I never use, but the half dozen functions I do use, I use every day in my workflow. It was a godsend after Waveburner went south.
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
stevenew

Post by stevenew »

Wow, I can't believe I hadn't heard about V5 being out until seeing this old thread of mine was alive again:-) Did you guys receive a email about it? I have been using DSPQ since V2 but I too stopped getting any replies to my emails, which I thought was strange.

Anyway I just ordered the update and everything went fine and all the emails arrived with no problems and it's now installed. I'm looking forward to DSPQ5 being in my workflow again even though I now have Wavelab and Triumph.
2018 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 16GB. External SSD Sample Drives. macOS Monterey 12.2. MOTU 624 & 8D. Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, DP 9.52, DSP Quattro 5. Arturia, Gforce, iZotope, NI, Plugin Alliance, Slate, SSD5, Soniccouture, Spectrasonics, Spitfire. Novation 61 SLMKII, JBL LSR 305, Sennheiser HD600, AKG 240MKII. PRS, Martin Guitars, Mensinger Bass. Vox & Orange amps. Line 6 Helix.
waxman

Post by waxman »

philbrown wrote:
bayswater wrote:

Well, all I can say is I don't have any other email issues with any other individuals or companies and I don't have a spam folder where anything could disappear to, etc. At any rate, I gave up trying to contact him despite having persistent (minor) bugs with V4. I'll buy V5 eventually, just waiting for the dust to settle a bit. V5 does look more visually appealing. Honestly 90% of the features I never use, but the half dozen functions I do use, I use every day in my workflow. It was a godsend after Waveburner went south.
Prompt support by the developer is a rarity... let me know and I will send him an email for you and I bet he responds the same day.
waxman
Tonio

Post by Tonio »

v 5.0.3 is up

T
Mac Studio MAX 2TB/ 64GB RAM / DP11.2 / 828ES//
MP 5.1 3.33- 3 duo / OS10.14.6 / RX580 /DP10.13/828ES
Armageddon

Post by Armageddon »

I currently use Wave Editor (the program that AudioFile Engineering inexplicably messed up and turned into Triumph), which, although only 32-bit, still runs Ozone 8 in 32-bit mode. It's still got the best two-track audio editing on the market post-BIAS Peak, in my opinion. I may upgrade to DSP-Quattro 5, which finally runs 64-bit plugs and may be the last great Mac audio editor on the market. I still have no idea why they messed up Wave Editor so bad.
Mid- 2012 MacBook Pro Quad-core i7 2.7 GHz/16 GB RAM/2 TB SSD (primary)/1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (secondary) • OS X 10.14.6 • DP 11.1 • Pro Tools 12.8.1 • Acoustica Pro 7.4.0 • Avid MBox Pro 3G • Korg K61 • IMDb Page