DP Live Recording From Avid SC48 Venue

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rainmaker
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

DP Live Recording From Avid SC48 Venue

Post by rainmaker »

I've got a live recording at the end of this month that requires recording more channels than my regular live rig can handle. The company doing sound will be running an Avid SC48 console which is capable of sending out 32 channels for recording on it's built in firewire interface card.

Avid markets this as only working with Pro Tools but I have read up on someone who made it work fine with Cubase. He said basically it appears to the computer as a regular interface at which point you just assign the inputs to channels and record.

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever tried this with DP at all?
baanes
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: DP Live Recording From Avid SC48 Venue

Post by baanes »

I have not actually done this (so no promises), but I've been around it. You need the Core Audio driver but it should work fine.

I have heard/seen some instability issues. Someone was using it for multichannel playback and it would occasionally crash the host, so YMMV.