tune mixed and remasterd in dp

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
logo80
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

tune mixed and remasterd in dp

Post by logo80 »

just an electronic (ok, this isn't really my kind of music but I like to experiment) tune recorded with traveler, bussed on external analog mixer and mastered in the dp. Born from the collaboration between Gennaro (a friend of mine http://web.mac.com/gennarogiugliano/) and me:
http://www.dedicatedtotriton.net/music/ ... ilight.m4a
The basic track was created by him using garage band and some VI then I've imported the aif into DP and added some tracks using hardware synth like Triton, K2500r and mostly Virus B.
I would appreciate mostly criticism on EQ and compression (volume...).
regards, Lorenzo
kelldammit
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by kelldammit »

it actually sounded good, i thought...you could mebbe stand a little more low-mid and bottom, to fill out the spectrum a little more...give it more "full-bodied sound". it's kind of a tough call, cause you do have a fair amount of action going on down there...(just listened again, and am revising the first impressions!)
i could hear a lot going on at any given time...nothing really seemed to get noticeably washed out by anything else, so volume/placement wise, i think you're okay...plus, i think the music itself is pretty groovy too (especially the first couple sections...man, i love that!). nice vibe, and propulsive. enjoyable listen :)

kell
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
ASUS 2.5ghz i7 laptop, 32Gb RAM, win10 x64, RME Babyface, Akai MPK-61, Some Plugins, Guitars and Stuff, Lava Lamps.
logo80
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by logo80 »

Thanx for the tip, maybe your first impression was right... I've analyzed a tune of the same kind of music with inspector and it seems that they pump a little more the area from 50 to 200 Hz, this one is completly flat instead, I'll try to do some more experiment on it.
Regards, Lorenzo