MX4 Is The Best $280 I Ever Spent

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's powerful MX4 software synthesizer.

Moderator: James Steele

stretta
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: MX4 Is The Best $280 I Ever Spent

Post by stretta »

i opened mx4 stereo instrument track and bussed it to a mono aux track... works great until i load DP back up... DP won't find the MX4 instance and asks to clear it...
I tried all three methods: trim plug-in, using a send and tapping one side of a stereo bus, and they all load fine when I restart DP. I'm not sure why DP is behaving this way for you.

Of the three methods, the trim plug-in is by far the cleanest, because the channel is self-contained. I prefer to mute one channel by turning the gain all the way down, and center pan the other channel. This method prevents any odd summing to mono problems that may occur, but may not work well for patches with pan modulation. The end result is the same as if you took a mono signal and bussed it to a stereo output.

With DP 4.52, sends also provide the option of summing to mono, or tapping a single channel.
fontane

Post by fontane »

Originally posted by Matthew Davidson:
i opened mx4 stereo instrument track and bussed it to a mono aux track... works great until i load DP back up... DP won't find the MX4 instance and asks to clear it...
I tried all three methods: trim plug-in, using a send and tapping one side of a stereo bus, and they all load fine when I restart DP. I'm not sure why DP is behaving this way for you.
interesting, i will try it again... i did apply the trim plug which did seem to work best... i just have to rmove some strange panning modulation going on... lol, sounds a bit wierd
Shane Fontane
www.shanefontane.com

Dual 1.8 G5 | 2.5GB | OS X 10.3.9 | DP 4.52 | UAD | Mach 5 | SampleTank 2 | Kontakt 2 | MX4 | Recycle | MAudio Firewire Audiophile | Undying Passion For Music
fontane

Post by fontane »

MOTU responded and they said that its because its a stereo instance, it needs to be bussed to a stereo aux which then in return can be bussed to a mono aux... that should resolve the problem

ok, recap:

WRONG WAY
MX4 Stereo Instrument Track bussed to Mono Aux Track

RIGHT WAY
MX4 Stereo Instrument bussed to Stereo Aux bussed to Mono Aux
Shane Fontane
www.shanefontane.com

Dual 1.8 G5 | 2.5GB | OS X 10.3.9 | DP 4.52 | UAD | Mach 5 | SampleTank 2 | Kontakt 2 | MX4 | Recycle | MAudio Firewire Audiophile | Undying Passion For Music