Battery 2 and DP 4.6.1

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
xluve
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Battery 2 and DP 4.6.1

Post by xluve »

Hi guys,

I just passed from Nuendo to DP 4.6 and (even I usually read the manual) there are tons of doubts in my head... :oops:

My first problem is when i'm using Battery 2. Where the hell can I set up the signal routing in order to listen all the internal busses of Battery and not only the 1-2????

I'm using a Powerbook G4 1,5MHz without any external audio card, so I just have the 'built-in audio 1-2' output, but for battery I'm speaking of INTERNAL signal routing..
I tried creating all the connections in the audio bundle window, but nothing happens in the mixer, I only see 1 track for my drum session and
if I route a battery's cell to a bus wich is not the 1-2 I don't see any sound..

gosh! pleeeze help me

ciao

marco
giles117

Post by giles117 »

Ok as I never used battery like that I played around for a quick second.

I created a track, assigned the input to battery 2 ch 3-4 loaded a sample and played it. I hear audio.

When you select input scroll down till you see the additional battery sends and select as your input. I am not sure this is something you can do under audio bundles, but I know you can in the tracks window/input pop up menu....

Hope that made snese....It does work.
DP 6.02
Quad 3.0 Ghz, 8.0 GB RAM, 2 - 1TB HD, 5 - 500GB HD's (RAID)
MOTU HD192, 2408mk3, Microlite, UAD-1, UAD-2, Powercore, Lavry Blue AD/DA convertor, LA-610
Euphonix MC Control

29 years in this business and counting.....Loving every minute of it.....
xluve

Post by xluve »

mmmmm...
it open an entire new horizon using DP (I'm using it since two weeks..)

But does'nt work..

Going in detail:
1- I opened an istrument track and assigned it to battery2. I call it B2test
2- In the mixer window i see B2test with battery as insert, no audio input for this track, just output to my (only) stereo out.
3 - I play something in battery and I hear all, and i see all in B2test meter.
4 - Now I create a new stereo audio track and I call it B34. I go in the track's input menu and i can see under new audio bundles all the 32 channels of battery. I choose the 3-4 chan pair as input for B34. Output is set on 1-2 stereo (as output of B2test)
5 - I go in battery panel and I route a sound to battery bus 3-4. I expect to see the B34's meter moving and to hear the sound but nothing happens.

Where's my fault???

thank you for helping me

marco
giles117

Post by giles117 »

Let me see if I an hearing you correctly...

The audio track you have created, you assign it's input to Battery 3-4?

Did you arm the track (hit record) and is the headphone icon in the upper lefthand portion of your tracks or sequence window lit????
DP 6.02
MOTU HD192, 2408mk3, Microlite, UAD-1, UAD-2, Powercore, Lavry Blue AD/DA convertor, LA-610
Euphonix MC Control

xluve

Post by xluve »

Yes to all.

I have to go. I write you later.

thanx!!

marco
xluve

Post by xluve »

Hi Giles.

Sorry for my break this (for me in Italy) afternoon... :))

If I clearly understand you, following are the correct steps..

1- Create an instrument track with battery2 as insert. Track audio Out is > main built-in-audio 1-2.

2- open a drumkit in wich all sound are routed to battery channels 1-2
(for the moment the unique battery2 channels I can hear through the instrument track).

3- Create a MIDI track routing the MIDI out to battery2. Progam a simple multinote loop. All is working fine, and I hear all sound.

4- I want to use now an additional bus inside battery2, preferring to route HiHats on 3-4 channels. I do it inside battery2, and I don't hear HiHats, which is normal cause I only have battery chan 1-2 routed to the instrument track (and consequently to my built-in audio out).

5- To hear HiHats on chan 3-4 I create a new audio track whith IN > battery2 channels 3-4 and OUT > main built-in-audio 1-2 (the same as instrument track's out)

6- Now I expect to hear HiHats but nothing happens!!! Why????

Thank you so much for helping me.
good night
lordtoranaga

Post by lordtoranaga »

do not open audio track

create an aux track and the input select menu will feature all of battery's outputs
Peace & Love, Lord Toranaga

MAny Records For Sale
http://stores.ebay.com/Boom-Box-Beats_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm
xluve

Post by xluve »

It'S working guys!!!!! :twisted:

thanx to all!!!
giles117

Post by giles117 »

lordtoranaga wrote:do not open audio track

create an aux track and the input select menu will feature all of battery's outputs
Thanks for making what I was saying a tad clearer. Sometimes I get to...wordy......

However, it does work with an audio track (especially if you want to record that audio) you merely need to engage the record button and make sure the little headphone icon is lit so you can hear what you are tracking.....

Of course I use MOTU audio interfaces not built in audio so it may work a little differently....
DP 6.02
Euphonix MC Control

xluve

Post by xluve »

However, it does work with an audio track (especially if you want to record that audio) you merely need to engage the record button and make sure the little headphone icon is lit so you can hear what you are tracking.....

Of course I use MOTU audio interfaces not built in audio so it may work a little differently....
No you were right..

It's working even on my Powerbook's built-in audio card.
With a simple question I discovered much more than I thought...

Peace and see you soon

marco
kelldammit
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by kelldammit »

this is really strange. i am also using battery 2, however, no matter what channel output i assign to a cell, it ALWAYS plays back via 1&2. i've followed the instructions above...and no joy.
battery is set up for the proper multi-out, the audio bundles show up in instruments...i can assign a cell to output 3, and audio still shows on outs 1&2. nothing shows on any aux or rec-enabled audio track with battery output 3 assigned as the input.
perhaps i'm missing an update?? or i updated when i shouldn't have??
i believe my version is 2.1.1, with the au hotfix.

kell
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
ASUS 2.5ghz i7 laptop, 32Gb RAM, win10 x64, RME Babyface, Akai MPK-61, Some Plugins, Guitars and Stuff, Lava Lamps.